1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 North/South Showdown

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by paistes5, Dec 8, 2009.

1. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Well boys, it looks like the North now has a great shot at the drinking portion of the showdown. I will be joining them, that is if they'll have me, at the start of the new year as I am accepting a job in Michigan.

I can offer my considerable beer consumption abilities but have nothing to offer on the track. Maybe I can get in Lindsay's way as he laps me but that's about all I got.

What'ya say, will the north take me? :beer:

2. XRacerX

XRacerX Well-Known Member

Im kinda in the same boat... Im a Kansan transplanted in FL... grew up partially in CT. So, I'll claim Northern statehood, if they'll have me. The Southern guys have already expressed that Im not Southern... Im feel'n like 'last picked - fat kid' in elementary school that no one wants on their kick-ball team... LOL...

3. newyorkredneck

newyorkredneck Well-Known Member

23 years in NY, one year in AZ, 15 years in NC/SC and back in NY. I would give anything to be back in NC/SC but NY is where the $$$$ is.

4. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

22 years in the burbs of Chicago.........21 years in South Kackalacky.

Not going back.........No shrimp and grits...............and the tea taste like crap.

Besides............have you seen the SE race tracks? I hear they repaved them even!

:beer:

5. paistes5

I gotta go where the job is.

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

You're gonna learn how to talk alotta shit.

7. fistafury

fistafury Well-Known Member

You know they're repavin' Grattan. Ever been there? It's got a pretty cool layout and runs in both directions.

8. paistes5

Kenny, I already got the talking shit down. Now, if I could just get those damn lap times down I might be getting somewhere.

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I was scheduled to go to Grattan in 2003..........unfortuantely I fell down and found myself in a neck brace during that race weekend...........had to drive out to Hallett to finish out the season points.........Man, that's a long ways away from home.

I am sure every region has a fun track..........but VIR, Barber, Road Atlanta, CMP, Little Talladega, Roebling, Nashville and N. Florida are less than 4 hours from the door. I think there is even talk of another track near Concord NC and Eastern TN.

10. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

the north tracks suck,i hate the cold,welcome to the north pasistes & no souther can talk shit like a yankee can.king kenny knows best.

11. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Ok, you got Dave, we will draft Lance. For the record boys the head is ported, new wiring harness, PM wheels, carbs synched and rider in training. Watch out Hickman I know you and Mysta read everything I write on this board. :up:

12. paistes5

Damn Boz, giving me up pretty easily. :moon:

13. dan blankenship

dan blankenship Well-Known Member

Well...maybe we can add some more tracks to the South....like Texas and Oklahoma if the CMRA/WERA Vintage deal pans out. So there could be a whole new pack of Southerners to contend with.

14. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

cant have lance,you have scotty rock from last yrears trade witch we yankees got nonthing so you owe us.its an even trade eboz,just make it to the track paistes oh i didnt know anyone in mich was hiring? you must be specal to get a job in mich

15. Outsider V6 V7

Tough love Dave, Tough love.

16. Outsider V6 V7

Sauce, C'mon man, Scotty didn't play enough to qualify as a southerner. Gypsy's status has been revoked as he's failed to re-new since 05. The Texas boys will be drafted like college kids to the pro's once they get a few races under their belts. Sounds like a fun year!!!!

17. paistes5

Sauce, I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised to be getting a job up there as well. I'm looking at the bright side, I bet I can get a good deal on a house there in the Detroit area. :D

18. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

shit they give you a block if you wanta live down town detroit.not my problem eboz you got the rock & that wanta be racer gyspy.you can have the texas boys,everone knows the fast guys live up north(except lindsy)duh again WELCOME TO THE GREAT NORTH......the weather sucks but the $$$$$$$$ dam good.

19. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Don't worry I submit my BBS quarterly report to the underground workshop up in them thair TN hills...........they don't have time to sort through pages and pages of smack here.

Revoked?! Sweet............I still have an orange contrasting jersey I can wear outside my leathers.

Training?! I just pounded a Code Red Mountain Dew............yup, I'm training too!

20. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Hey I dropped by the old White Hen while I was up at Thanksgiving.......WTF it's close up. I thought you were moving South Sauce?