1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6,V7 Who's in for RRR 3-17

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm coming back to the states in March and plan on making this round. It's a national so we would race on Saturday and there is an open practice on friday.

2. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

Naturally I am down like four flats. Speaking of which, can we get some information on gate times, fees, etc.? Not to steal your thread Eric. I never rode Roebling before and I am looking forward to closing out my Southeast tour of tracks. The only one after Roebling that I want to do is Daytona.....

Joseph

3. nsr250man

nsr250man Well-Known Member

My knowledge of RRR is the night before Gates open at 4pm and close at 8pm. Quiet time starts at 10pm, no engines (cars and bikes) after 8pm. Fees should be the normal $10.00 WERA fee, and maybe a $5.00 track fee, I can't remember. You need to get there early to get a good spot for the camper setup. There are only a couple of 220V outlets. Showers and bathrooms are similar to Tally.

4. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

Thanks Tim. I get off of work that morning at 600AM and will go home for a few hours of sleep. Hopefully by 1100AM I will be on the road and get there by 4PM.

Unload, set up the pit area, and get the grill going by 6PM. Looks like it will be a great time!

Joseph

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for motor parts from Speedwerks. Hoping they ship soon. I want to race this year.

6. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Weather permitting.......I'll melt if it rains.

7. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

the RR still needs bodywork and a steering damper...
    if im feeling impatient and the F2 hasnt sold I may show up. Highly doubtful though

8. Outsider V6 V7

Curtis, ard you talking about a 900RR or one of those modern bikes. I've got a race tail for a 900RR.

9. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

modern 600. scored one this holiday season that im turning into a racer. hence my vintage lot being up for sale.

10. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

Well I was looking at the military training that got revamped again! My schedule is looking like Barber test and tune on March 10th and 11th at Barber (STT trackday), March 16th-18th at Roebling with you maniacs, and April I will be gone training. Back at it in May with you all for Barber 5-12/13 and Jennings the following weekend. Then off to vacation with the wife and family to the Virgin Islands (wishing I was at Roebling Road and Road Atl.). Maybe another trip to Jennings for a trackday weekend and off to the mountain tops of the middle east. Hopefully I will get the old girl tuned up right with some seat time before I go so when I come back with all that saved money I can drop a beast of a motor in her along with go-fast parts and keep up, lol.

No one cherishes the smell of race fuel more then I! I might have my wife soak her panties in some, let them dry, place them in a zip lock bag and smuggle them in my ruck sack for those long winter nights, lol....

Till Roebling!!!!

Joseph

11. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Well Ill be there but as a spectator. Just got back out of the hospital with a 2nd attack. Lucky for me this one took a stint instead of by pass surgery. Kinda scared these days cause its the 2nd one in less than a year. But God willing Ill be there to root EVERYONE on to a good finish.

12. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Dyle, I am so sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself. You are in my prayers!

13. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that, you have my thoughts man

14. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

Well come on over to the pit area and I will make you a drink that is fat free, tast free, cholesterol free, and calorie free. A nice cup of H20 :). Can't miss my area, always have old glory flying high......Joseph

Oh yes root some extra for me, I just want to get my bike across the line:up:.

15. Outsider V6 V7

Dyle, sorry to hear your news. Hang in there brother we're thinking of you.

16. Dyle

Thanks yall. You all know me, Im to hard headed to give up. We will find the right plan for me and Ill be all good soon enough. Not gonna rush it, just gonna let the man upstairs lead me thru. For now gonna keep eating right and watch my gut get more round. Gonna look like a weble woble by the time I get to ride again...lol

17. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

Dyle-
    Kudos for you for changing your eating habits! I know first hand how hard it is to be diciplined and mentally tough when eating healthy. My wife makes me not have any fried foods, anything that tastes good, or resembles some sort of pastry/dessert. And I am only 38 years old! She did say I could take a homemade choclate e-clair pie to Roebling, I just can't have any! I have to either share it with E-Boz (she felt sorry for him being in China) and crew or give it away! I wish you the best on this journey.......Joseph

18. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Let me know when you get to 230 buddy......i got an extra pair of leathers for you. Might need some alterations in the arm and legs for you.

Take it easy, don't worry about the weight....get healthy.

19. Dyle

If they are your leathers Dennis we will need to cut off the legs and arms. All Ill need is the chest part of it to make a complete suit for myself....LOL. My 5ft nothing self compared to your 6'4? :D

Its not just my diet that changed Joseph. Ive quit smoking now for 8 months, I was walking alot until they told me my heart wasnt healthy enough for it yet, so now Im just chillin. And Eboz loves his pie but he will love a good burger as well. If you strap it to his handle bars the smell will distract him so much you may actually get to keep up with him.....:Poke:

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

8 months off the crap :rock: :beer: