1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 question

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by OWO1, Nov 21, 2003.

1. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Need some V6 input

While working on sourcing parts for my OW01 I'm ending up with a bunch of spares. I've been mulling with the idea of putting them together and making a complete 2nd bike. I have no idea what year the frame, front end or swing arm are, but they didn't change from the initial release in 1989. Would they let me race this bike in V6??

I'm waiting on an engine from the Pacific, but if that falls thru I need an alt plan. The rules state no FZR1000, so does that mean I couldn't drop a exup motor in there? Or can it be any engine older than 1990, and not, say a YZF750 unit?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2003
  2. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

The motor has to conform to class year cut-offs. Early (pre-89) fzr1000 motor is ok. No problem with your frame.

3. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Ooops! Just re-read the rulebook. No hybrids in V6 HW?! Might be able to get that changed, (doesn't really make sense to me, (we allow tham in V5 and V6lw, but I'm only one person) but, as it stands, nope.

4. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

I'd didn't see the no hybird rule. Bottom line is that to race this bike in V6 I need to have an OW01 engine, no others will pass tech, that sucks.

So what about V7, can I run a yamamonster there? It didn't say anything about hybirds in the online rule book.

Thanks for the updates.

5. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

RZRACER39,

I found your PM, thanks for the info and wish me luck with the rules.

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  6. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Jason - check you PM