1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 Mid Atlantic Championship Awards

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Cyclephoto, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

We would like all the V6 racers to come to the Vintage awards on the patio at VIR on Saturday afternoon. BBQ dinner, and free beer.
    I will announce the standings in the class, and introduce the V6 riders.

The final V6 standings in the Mid Atlantic Championship, will be determined on Sunday. I will present trophys to the V6 winners on Sunday right after their race.

My name is Mark Mitchell, (BMW #253) find me on Saturday if you have any questions.

2. K George

K George Well-Known Member

hey mark. how does the double points thing work as far as mid atlantic points go. do u get double points or single . thanks kenneth

3. Tri-309

Tri-309 Well-Known Member

Mark, sure wish I could make this last race. Free beer and all.No, really wish someone from the panhandle of FL. would start racing vintage so we could team up on long hauls like VIR. I would love to check it out. Well guess I will see ya,all at TGP. TIM

4. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Tim, if it makes a difference, you could hang at my house to save $$$. I only live 1hr from the track. Hate to see you miss it....

5. Cyclephoto

Kenneth,
    We use single points for the Championship series. All three events are scored alike. The Championship Series points have nothing to do with the WERA Vintage National points.

Everyone who races all the Championship events gets additional points.

[This message has been edited by Cyclephoto (edited 08-12-2001).]

6. Cyclephoto

Tim, I understand that Steve-O is planning to come to VIR. Rick may be getting a ride up with him or not.
    Mr. Morrow could turn you on to some fine wine.
    I'm planning to be at Talladega for the Bargy practice day on Friday. Mark

7. RZ Racer

Mr. Morrow could turn you on to some fine wine.
    QUOTE]
    You're right about that. Last week @ my day party, we opened:
    '68 conterno riserva barolo(I was born in '68)
    '68 rioja gran reserva
    '94 grgich cab
    '94 gallo estate cab 3L
    '94 silver oak cab
    '95 l'ecole 41 "apogee"
    '95 pojer y sandri pinot nero
    '91 mommessen nuits st. george 1er cru
    '97 evesham woods pinot noir
    '97 hanna cab 1.5L
    '97 chat. meyney st. estephe
    '90 veuve cliquot "les grand dame"
    '98 cockfighters ghost chardonnay(not a bad joke, really its probably the best chard. out of aus.)
    '95 mommessen chassagne montrechet 1er cru
    '99 gallo laguna chardonnay
    and about a half case of schwag.....

(I tried every single one...

8. Cyclephoto

Know wonder you miss a note once in a while!

9. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Pishaw. They may all be hoity-toity fermented grapes but how many come with a convenient screw off cap like good ole' Boonesfarm? [​IMG]

10. Tri-309

Thanks for the offer mark but I can't make three races allmost back to back so I have to do the southeast series.Im going to hook up with steve-o for Kershaw. VIR will have to go on next years wish list.Take care

11. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

hey, i'm going to have to miss the party also. sorry to say i can't get to vir this year. it's been great riding with all of you in v6. have one for me. i'll have a nice wine-in-a-box and think about it. btw, will our trophies be mailed to us if we can't make the show?
    thanks, rob

12. Cyclephoto

Ya Rob, your tied for second place in the V6 Championship. You will finish no worse than fourth. I will put your trophy in a box and mail it to you. Thanks for your WERA Vintage participation again this year.

13. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

14. RZ Racer

15. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

but how about some Bordeaux? I've got a '96 Margaux Pavillon Rouge that is calling my name....

[/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with a good Chateaux Margaux, Chateaux Petrus or Chateaux Lafitte.

Fred

16. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

... or Capanna Treno Notturno.

Eh Fred? [​IMG]

17. Cyclephoto

Ya'll better bring this stuff to the Mid Atlantic party!!!!
    Bring ya bikes and ya wine!

18. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I have a confession to make. Capanna Treno Notturno was a poor attempt at making "Night Train" sound good. I just added "Cappanna" (shanty) because the swill isn't worthy of the Chateaux moniker and tastes more like it was "crafted" in a dirt floor shack.

But I'll still bring some if you're interested. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Diesel (edited 08-15-2001).]

19. Tri-309

The hell with the wine , let's get back to the scooter talk.I know you guys are busy getting your bikes ready for this weekend and will not have time for this.As long as I can barrow bikes the triumphs remain ready to go.I hope the weather is nice for you at VIR because Its going to be great the next weekend for tgp.I don't really care,I seem to do well in the rain.Sorry guys to change the subject. take care

20. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Quite alright. I was justing faking interest in the wine stuff anyway. We'll miss ya at VIR. I hear it's a lousy track and has worse "bathrooms" than Nelson Ledges, so you won't be missing anything anyway. RIGHT GUYS?!!