1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 HW through V8 HW Points...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. MaRacing

MaRacing v7,v8 racer and champion

why are you guys bringing v8 into this?? lol. i race that too, bought a bike just for that, hoping like unger said all this talk of people showing up and first year nothing this year a few but i am out here in that class also. won senior superbike regional title on my v8 bike, i race to race, dont care what class i am in, if you are on the track with me i am gonna try and beat you, love taking it to the modern bikes on my v7 and v8 bikes, especially when they come to see what and who beat them bahahaha old man on an old bike

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I sold the v7/v8 bike that I ran at Tally...maybe I'll find another f3 before the gnf. ;-)

duck62 and VFR#52 like this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I got a TLR for sale minus an engine.... :beer:

4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

And you are reason points system socks.
    Lol cherry picker. Pick on us old guys.
    Bahhaahhaa. You should find a V7 and come race all yr. I owe you bud.
    See you at Barber

Steven Isenhower #52

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No - that's him not being prepared and you winning. Again, this is racing. Blowing up isn't a luck thing, it's a preparation thing.

baconologist likes this.
  6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo,
    Since there is a requirement for 6 entry fees. Can I just pay you taht and show up at Barber? starting from the back of the grid of course

:Pop:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can run at Barber as it is if you're legal for the class. If you want to pay for 6 entries that's fine, we'll call it sponsorship :D

V5 Racer and duck62 like this.
  8. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Was that correct enough for you? Lol...nice to meet you...see you next year!

sPatlovich1 and VFR#52 like this.
  9. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

You done good man. ~(Foot in mouth) ~ me

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

You have mail Mongo.

Steven Isenhower #52

lanehammond likes this.
  11. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

Hope we hear news of a change soon! Mongo

12. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

Mongo,
    When do you plan on making a final decision on this and adding to the rulebook for 2017?

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I did email Mongo a copy of my points system.
    So it's up to Mongo what happens.
    Guess we will see.

Steven Isenhower #52

14. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I have a question...not sure if it has been covered or not because I am not going to read every page on this thread. Has any thought been put forth to how many entry fees will be lost by reducing the requirements (ie. 6 best finishes)? I could see how the grids over the period of a season could drop off. Not sure if it would be made up with riders showing for just one race or four and the GNF. I am not sure if WERA has applied a metric for the change from a businees aspect or not. Just a thought.

15. lanehammond

Or how much more entry fees can be made by those of us not the fastest but willing to pay and get points built up i.e. Points cap

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. lanehammond

ASAP please I've been looking at a few v8 hwt bikes but if the points don't change I'll just get a newer one 1000 lol

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

If it makes sense to make the changes from a business aspect, I am sure WERA will move forward.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

So any news on how points system is going to work for next yr?
    Thanks.
    Steven Isenhower #52

19. lanehammond

What Steven said my next bike purchase is pending based on this out come so let us know what your going with asap

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been working on the schedule so haven't really thought about it much.

Any new input?

Some of my thinking is change just for the sake of change. The current setup obviously isn't bringing people out to race. For all 5 classes we had a whopping 25 entries at the GNF. In the case of these 5 classes it absolutely isn't an issue of not having enough events no matter what Steve is saying as they run every single weekend and twice on double header events.

As for bike buying - how a National championship is determined is truly a factor? Not trying to be an asshole, just don't understand the thinking on that one.

Anyway, boss and I are doing some road tripping this week on the way to NOLA next weekend for the Endurance race with STT and we'll talk it over, her input matters a bit as you might imagine :D