1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 HW horsepower?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by toecutter418, Aug 1, 2011.

1. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

Anyone ever dyno their v6 HW bike? Curious what a competitive rw hp reading would be in this classification

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'm sure there are plenty of people that have dynoed them. Getting them to give up the info on the HP #'s and the build, that will be the hard part to come by.

3. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I heard in just gossip that they are putting down some pretty high numbers. I can say this that if you watch Hickman or Eboz's bikes pulll down the straights its gonna make you think they are pretty high as well. And no offense to Eboz but hes a big guy and that thing of his will flat ass move!!! I know that BJ's f3 has some good number cause its a SB build and Eboz was out pulling him on the straight at RRR. BJ had to work him over in the turns. Plus I think it was misfiring or loose plug wire or something and was still pulling pretty strong.

4. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

my V7hw ZX7/9 I think had 126hp on a superflow. and it seems pretty even against the big V6HW GSXR's. if that helps. Lance

5. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

Thanks Lance, that gives me hope.

6. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Bruce Egan runs a built CB900 supersport and he told me hes pushing 135 at the wheel, and that bike is definitely a rocket.

As for my V6HW bike...80-85hp if Im lucky :up:

7. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

My limited 750 made 92 hp and I rode it for 3 years before I built my 7/11. My backup 7-11 makes 135 and I passed Bruce down the back stretch at Mid Ohio last year. Ray and Lance make about the same HP and I outweigh both those guys by about 75lbs. My big bike makes plenty. :up: That being said Ray and I both rode the 750's for several years and had a blast doing it. We couldn't catch the big bikes at that time but they both had great riders. Lance could probably beat me on a moped. HP doesn't make up for riders skill but it does close the gap down the straights. Bring it, race it, you'll have a blast.

8. Dyle

Eboz has some real nice bikes. And the guy can ride, dont let his modesty fool you. But some of the most fun I ever had was racing v6hw and I was running a hurricane 600. So I know HP wise was no where near the topic of this thread. But I got several podiums with it cause of handling and got alot of good advice from guys like Eboz, Hickman, Chip Mayfield on how to make the little bike work better. The class needs more bikes so clean it up and ride the heck out of it.

9. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Wish I had known V7 was coming...I would have kept my '95 Triumph Triple. Big, heavy, but w/GMD numbers it was on rails, made well over 120 RWHP....and it was bulletproof.

10. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

I had one, too. I never thought of running it vintage. You're making me miss it now.

11. CB1016F

CB1016F Member

To set the record straight
    It's actually started as a 80 CB750F supersport. As for the rest of this post; I will not confirm nor deny these statements.:rolleyes:
    Bruce
    Exp 41, V5,V6HW,V7HW

12. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Bruce, guessing by your sign in name, I'm guessing the bore is now 1016. How was the turnout for Gen X this year? I was unable to make it because of work but plan to win my title back next year.
    Eboz

13. lance89

I talked with my dyno guy yesterday, my bike makes 115hp on a superflow dyno, and add 10% for a dynojet dyno would put it at 126hp. no big #'s, but it seems to do alright. Lance

14. Dyle

Your bike puts it down clean though Lance. What bikes you running at VIR?

15. lance89

1995 ZX6R in endurance and V7MW, and the ZX7/9 in V7HW. unless no one shows for V7HW and then I'll run the little bike in both like I did at Summit.

16. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Haha. I'll see you at beaver and hopefully nelsons sir

17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

My turd VFR made 100 at R.A in 2001, had bad valve springs, made 124 after a rebuild and it blew up! LOL! Oh well when it goes back together we are looking for more HPs. But it worked well. Will trade HPs for handling any day. Just stop using the brakes and your halfway there. Dont know about the F3 yet. Buts it seems to run pretty good now that i worked a few kinks out if it.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6
    Cmra # 168
    2nd Sucks Racing

18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

you don't want to go to a dyno shootout with eboz, let's put it that way.....

at 2nd call he has to clear all women and children from the area.

19. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

yea i have followed him down a straight! At the start in Louisiana he had 1 wheel in the air till he put on the binders at turn 1. LOL. Had to throw a BLOCK pass on him to slow him down. Ahh the good old days. LOL.

Steven isenhower 2001 V-6

20. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Haven't got my 900 on the dyno yet, but were expecting a solid, reliable 145............. :crackup: