1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-6 rules question

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Jul 5, 2002.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Below is an except from Chapter 11 of the Vintage rules. I am safe to assume a 1999 FZR 600 is legal for V-6 correct?

FZR600 regardless of year,

No newer machines may be run regardless of similiarity to a bike that is age-legal for the class, unless specifically listed in the eligible machines list above.

2. mau397

mau397 Active Member

you should not have any problems being legal for v6. since they added v7 this year, you would be more compettitive in v7 but they put a 1995 or older rule in there. you might ask them but i don't think they will let you run v7.

3. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

595Joe-

Yes, any year FZR600 is V6 legal. The YZF600 is not.

The newer FZR600 was a bike that was overlooked during the creation of V7. It's my opinion that a post-1995 FZR600 is V7 legal. V7 was my idea, I wrote the rules that were adopted by the VRC. After the rulebook was printed, it struck me that a V6 bike is V7 legal as long as it fits the displacement rules. Contact Mark Mitchell ([email protected]) for verification on your bike.

As far as the FZR being more competative in V7.. an F2 will beat any FZR, IMHO. And I'm NOT a Honda fan.

4. mau397

mau397 Active Member

that whole f2 will beat a fzr thing, i think that it's questionable.
    i think it depends on the rider:D :D