1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

used sliders, can anyone help this guy?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I copied this from another board........

Originally posted by sharkattack
    Hello, I'm here to ask a favor of all of you. I do some volunteer work with cancer patients to help them get through their treatments, lend them an ear when they need it, help out at a local hospice house and just try to be their friend while they are going through a rough time. I know what they are going through because in a few weeks I'll be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of my last treatment for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Anyway, one of the patients I've gotten to know is a 12 year old boy who is just fascinated with motorcycles and bike racing. He likes it when we read the cycle mags together and watch some of the race videos I have. I'm putting together a large collage (sp?) of bike pictures, racing shots, etc. and want to surround the frame I made with used knee sliders. The frame is approximately 42" x 30" so I'm going to need quite a few pairs of used sliders. Any color or type of slider in any type of condition will do, as long as it's used. I know that he'll get such a thrill seeing & touching the sliders, knowig that real racers actually used in them in their races.

If you have any used sliders laying around just collecting dust, will you please donate them to me? I'll gladly pay postage to get them to me from where you are. You can PM me to get my address and let me know how much postage will be. I wouldn't think it would be more than a few bucks. You can also e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance for all of your help with this project. I know that seeing the look on his face when he gets the collage framed in the used sliders will be priceless. Also, if you have any good shots of yourself either racing or doing a trackday, please send them as well. That way I can show him who used which slider.

Respectfully,
    Scott

2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member