1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on my injuries

Discussion in 'General' started by 12v_dub, Jun 16, 2014.

1. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

First of all I'd like to thank to all wera corners workers and staff for getting me swiftly off the track and to the care i needed in the safest way possible (sorry for typos, i am using one hand) I high sided on the back stretch before T6 during Friday's 750cc+ nv practice when I had a close interaction with another rider and crashed pretty hard landing on my elbow, head and rest of my left side of the body. I had a surgery on my elbow last Monday which required 2 plates and screws. elbow was broken in 8 pcs.
    other than that, i have a road rash on my side of the back which also required some stitches and left some bad bruising.
    A big thank you goes out to my dear wife for supporting me in this sport, staying in the hospital and caring for me during my down times. Also some of the wera family, especially Roy Holmes and Kevin Cesar for taking care of everything at the paddock, from loading stuff in the camper and taking it back home. I will be taking some time off from this sport and take care of more important things such as, healing up, therapy and staying on top of my bills which will require me sell my bike or part it out.
    My deep condolences go out to Andy White's close friends and family. Hearing the news about his incident was very hard to except even though I have never been a close friend of Andy. I met him briefly and talked a little when I was pitted next to him last Tallly event. He was definitely a very talented person and a racer!

Here is a quick pic of my hardware. First ever broken bone or surgery.

Thanks,
    Jacob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

A WERA racer in Grayson? Good to know, I live there as well. Heal up fast. If you need anything, PM me here and I'll get you my info.

Rick

3. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Glad you're healing up. Take it easy for now and do all the rehab you can stand when that time comes, even though it's going to hurt like a bitch. Good luck on the recovery.

4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Good to hear from you Jacob. Take your time, heal up properly, all this will still be here once you're all healed up. You got my number and don't hesitate to give me a call if nothing more than to just chat. Btw you got me beat on elbow hardware mines bad but not that bad.;)

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhhh I was wondering who's GSXR that was up there. Glad you are ok man. Heal up and get back on the horse.

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

sorry to hear. heal up man!

7. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Heal up soon!

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You're a real racer now that you've got some plates and screws in ya.:)

9. 12v_dub

10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Ouch! Damn that looked rough, glad you're (relatively) ok!

11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about and see the crash, you must have been the guy airlifted out on Friday? Looks like you got clipped.

My elbow was broken into 13 identifiable pieces..3 plates about 25 screws. Excellent surgeon, Oyster shell calcium, leg exercises and patience is my hard won advice.

12. 12v_dub

no, i was taken to hospital by a meat truck

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Hi Jacob, good to hear you're alright! Heal up quick!

Are you getting an Sv now ;) ?

Cheers,

14. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

Get well soon Jacob

Looks like the front got clipped by the guy that passed you from the vid. Hard to tell though. Tulio gives me daily updates and I hear you are doing much better. If you need anything just give me a shout buddy!

HJ

15. 12v_dub

thanks John. he was here yesterday showing off his new f250 lol :up:

16. 12v_dub

i can barely take a piss without someone holding my wiener yet alone a sv650 :D

17. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Awfully nice of that guy to pull in front of you and back off the throttle. Hope you are able to recover fully.

18. 12v_dub

ye I tend not to point fingers at others, but I was bit pissed off about that. It would have been different if this was a race, but during a practice on a 2nd lap? :mad:

19. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

That was a boneheaded move even for a race, leave alone a practice.

It'll take time but you are going to be just fine. Be strong and do all the rehab. It'll be worth it in the end.

20. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Heal up!!