1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsavory racer / biker types get thrown out of bar

Discussion in 'General' started by Chubby Huggs, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

As some may remember there was a thread the last few days for the Atlanta BBSers to meet to watch the 200. Following is a recount of the days event's.

It ended OK with all of us watching the race at a really cool locally owned bar called All Star's Bar and Grill (South 120 loop in Marietta)...
    but somewhere in the middle of that day at the orginal bar: 911 was called, people's relationships with their mother were questioned and a short attitude filled bar manager was invited outside by yours truly (I'll ruin the ending and tell you he didn't go).

Our original meeting place was Sideline's Bar and Shitporium on Roswell Road / Marietta. We show up at noon-ish as arranged by the post. Ask for the "special" room for the "WERA" folk and the "manager" gives us a funny look. "Can't open the big room... You guys are welcome to sit up there" as he point's to a little area of the bar. So we mosey over to a room with 4 static filled 19" TVs. When XXXXX and XXXXX (name's changed to protect the innocent) show up they try to fill the manager in on the "deal" that had been arranged during the week. He says he know's nothing of a deal (I'll let others fill in the rest of this part as I was quietly sitting waiting to see where we were going to end up...). When it's decided we're "stuck" with this little room: a few of us complain about the TVs and their reception. This is when it all takes a turn for the worse.

The manager says he's never had any complaints and suggests if we're not happy with the arangements maybe we should take our buisness elsewhere. There's about 10 of us at this point and we just sit dumbfounded as a bit of planning had gone into setting this up and getting the word out.

Next thing I know the manager walks in and says "I am refusing service to you guys" turns and walks out. A friend with me yells "do I have to pay for this coke?". People jump on cellphones trying to figure out where we're going and what the plan is. Remember: at this point no one's yelled or been an ass. I mean there were a few heated discussions but nothing argumentative or really confrontational.

So Mr. Manager comes back in and says "Since you guys aren't going to order anything you need to leave before I call the police." My wife says "we do want to order something but you won't let us". This is about the time it REALLY starts to go down hill. As I'm standing up to leave I say "I can'y believe this" and manager dude says "Believe it! Now hurry up and get out of my bar". I turned and said "I haven't done anything to you, maybe you could be a bit more civil... do you realise the kind of buisness you're loosing?" (This is my favorite line of the day) He looks me dead in the eye and says "Yeah you're hundred bucks really means a lot to this $20 million a year company... now get out of here before I call the cops to have you removed."
    I kept walking to the door as he dialed 911 on us... we all did. Ok so maybe someone suggested he REALLY loved his mother but geeezus and I told him where to meet me to settle this as gentlemen... But to get thrown out of a bar and have the police called because you complained about the accomodations?!?!?!?!?! Give me a freaking break. It was comical. I've never seen a person with less managerial skills, less personal communication skills and less of a freaking clue how to treat a customer in my entire life.

I'm sure more of the details will come in time... and I always know there's two sides of the story and this is just my recounting... But rest assured: I know of a dozen people who will NEVER spend money in ANY of the Sideline's again.

And I hope those of you in the Atlanta area will ask a few questions to form your own opinion before you or your companies head that way!

On a POSITIVE note: I cannot speak highly enough about All Star's wait staff, service, accomodations and treatment.

and there end's another episode of As the Tard's Turn!

2. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

We must have gotten someone different, because 8 of us ended up at Sidelines, in the back room, with both projection TV's tuned to the 200.

3. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

What time did y'all get there Pam? We were tossed out by a little fellow with green eyes around 12:15.

Just making sure we're talking about the same one: We were at the one on Roswell Road near the Big Chicken.

Was anything said about an "incedint" that occured before y'all got there?

4. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

That's the one we were at, and somethinhg was said about what happened before, but I heard it second hand, and you know how that goes. All I know is we sent Rumbletard to sweet-talk them and we got the room; they couldn't have been more accomodating.

5. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

That infuriates me even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY would we get treated that way and then have them do a 180 moments later?!?!?!?!?!?!

6. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Ok here's the deal. Just spoke with the managers. It's seems (this is Sideline's view): Our guy who asked for the room was a bit "too demanding" and not diplomatic enough when trying to fix the mix-up and get the room. The manager felt threatened and exercised his rights to kick us out. You guys must of had a better speaker than we.

Like I said in my first post: I wasn't privy to those parts of the conversations so I can't say what was said.

All I know is next time I'll plan to be later so I can arrive with the crowd....

PS: I hope no one gets the wrong idea from my first post: I'm a lover not a fighter (right SpEd?!?!). If any of y'all know anything about me it probably involving helping someone or doing things for other people... not tossing inconsiderate people around the parking lots of bars.

Like I said: two side's to every story.

[This message has been edited by Huey130 (edited 03-10-2002).]

7. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Just wondering, is this the same Sidelines where a pregnant manager/employee was just killed a few days ago?

8. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Nope... that one was just outside 285 near the river on Fulton Industrial.

9. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

well darn i guess i missed out on the deal.. I am the one that is always getting called a hot head. I do not get the differance of the mananger he was real nice and did open the big room for eight of us. we had great service and one waitress that was real friendly. Sorry that we did get split up but the race was good and it was good just to sit and bench race for a while.

10. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

That's bull. When he told me that he knew nothing about it, I asked "what can we do now?" How is that not accommadating? I did not start to get upset until th manager on the phone told me that I had to pay $200 after he told be that he would give it to me for free originally.

------------------
    Michael Roberson #66
    Robey's Racing

[This message has been edited by RobeyRacer (edited 03-10-2002).]

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

boy, i'm glad i didn't ride down with Fartholio. it would have been for naught!! [​IMG]
    sorry that happened to you guys.

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

well that bites

i had people show up about 10:30 and we ate and watched . it was kewl. packed house considering honey had to go out of town on busuness, so i was in charge of the kids. still am.

13. RobeyRacer

Sorry, if you feel that way. At least I did not threaten to kick his (bleep) [​IMG] I do feel really bad about the whole situation though. My forte has always been to go into a situation and smooth things out. That's why I was so surprised (and confused when I was met with such hostility when I was only trying to ask questions.

Oh well, again, I'm sorry.

------------------
    Michael Roberson #66
    Robey's Racing

[This message has been edited by RobeyRacer (edited 03-10-2002).]

14. rob996

rob996 Well-Known Member

That isn't the real name of this "$20 million a year company." Is it?

15. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Sorry dude, not a dig. Just refering to Pam saying Rumbletard sweet talked the guy. Plus my guess is he was talking to someone different than you... he had to of been. I feel it was HIS responsibility to satisfy our needs.. Which he was woefully inadequate in doing.

Hell even after we'd resigned ourselves to the fact we were staying in that upper area and complaigned about the TVs his attitude was confrontational at best. He should of / could of said "Wow those do suck, let's see what we can do about it." Not "Well I've never had any complaints before so maybe you would like to take your buisness elsewhere?". Agreed?

I only threatened him after he became VERY aggressive in kicking me/ my wife / us out. Not before. I sat quesitly in the corner waiting to watch the race.

16. RobeyRacer

No dig taken, I was just giving you a hard time. [​IMG] I would have enjoyed watching you take him outside. [​IMG] Especially considering my attitude to him was worse when I was around you guys than when I was talking to him before.

------------------
    Michael Roberson #66
    Robey's Racing

17. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Post their phone number and we can all call and tell them what we think of the treatment. [​IMG] (home phone numbers are best for this...)