1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unfair Sentencing?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Jun 25, 2004.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Anyone else find the reasons for increasing the sentence in this case to be disturbing?

To me, this seems like retribution for filing lawsuits against the government, not committing a crime.

BTW, I'm not a "tax protester", but the claim that this man makes is that the section of tax code which defines those who must pay taxes excludes most US citizens. It also fails to define what constitutes income. Both claims appear completely true.

If you want to try an interesting experiment, ask any tax lawyer, accountant, preparer or IRS employee to cite those sections which make you liable to pay tax or which define income. They cannot and will not.

2. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

DIE MUSLIM PIG DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops...
    wrong thread...
    sorry...

geez, is my face red...

3. peekay

peekay Well-Known Member

Dude, you're delusional. :D

The Sixteenth Amendment, ratified in 1913, gives the Federal government authority to collect income taxes. Over the past 90 years, the Supreme Court has time and again affirmed the validity of this 16th Amendment, through landmark cases such as Brushaber v. Union Pac. R.R. (240 US 1), Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co. (240 US 103, 112) and Eisner v. Macomber (252 US 189.) The amendment reads in full:

The sections which make us liable for taxes are contained in Title 26 of the Code of Federal Regulations. Section 1.1 of that code directly refutes your argument that only foreigners must pay taxes. It reads in part:

Formal definitions of "income" (aside from the "ordinary" meaning of the word) are also spelled out in Title 26. For taxation we usually mean "gross income", which is defined thusly:

There are other more specific definitions of income (such as income from trusts) throughout the code.

-peekay

4. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

yeah, but peeking duck....uh...taxes suck:Poke:

5. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

the goverment needs all the taxes they can get so they will be able to....

KILL THE MUSLIM PIG DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

huh, what do you know? i was in the right thread after all!!!

6. In Your Corner

Re: Re: Unfair Sentencing?

When I have a few minutes I'll post the relevant information, but I'd like to point out that the above is not a legal definition of income as pertains to tax law. Legal documents commonly define exactly what terms used within those documents entail. The above defines income as income. In a legal document, there can be no "ordinary" meaning of the word.

7. peekay

peekay Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Unfair Sentencing?

Please pass me whatever it is you're smoking!! :D

Any word or phrase not otherwise defined always takes on its natural, ordinary meaning. That is, unless you're Bill Clinton, then you can argue the what the meaning of 'is' is.

-peekay

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

How can I lose here? Two right wing zealots beating each other up!:beer:

But I think that Peekay is right.

Question: WHERE IS MTK? Or did Peekay's post make his head explode?

9. In Your Corner

You haven't been around much either.

10. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Let's see...

Knowingly break the law

cost the US 3.2 million in lost revenue. Money that could go towards education, roads, homeland security from Muslim pig dog murderers....

Lied under oath

What exactly was the problem with sentencing??

11. Shyster d'Oil

IYC's sig line should read "Live for Free or Die!"

:D :D :D Once again, I SLAY ME!!!!:D

12. In Your Corner

How much did you get soaked in state income tax last year Rodger?
    I only paid, well let's see, ummm............oh that's right, there IS no state income tax here. How on earth do we survive here without a tax which is so essential just 20 miles away?

My original point in posting was this:

Barbadoro increased Swan’s sentence on the grounds that evidence had shown that the former Auburn tax preparer obstructed justice by testifying falsely at trial and that he had “filed frivolous lawsuits against, threatened and sought baseless criminal prosecution of IRS employees and other government officials who lawfully tried to assess and collect taxes from him."

Filing lawsuits is illegal when you file them against agents of the government?

13. Shyster d'Oil

So maybe your sig line should read: "Eat Pie or Die."

Do they have public kindergarten in the Pie State?:D

BTW, the misguide scammer who bilked hundreds from his illegal "seminars" probably cost his clients millions in penalties, legal fees and heartache. He should spend at least 10 years in the klink with lifetime parole and have to pay restitution to his victims.

Why on earth are you interewted in lowering his sentence? He is a thief plain and simple.

That being said, the Judge may have made an error by using an inappropriate factor in his sentencing determination. I'm not even a practitioner in this area, maybe some of the bunko artists who frequent the BBS can fill us in!!:D

14. In Your Corner

Not statewide, it's up to the school district if they want to fund it.
    I paid to send my kids.
    Our neighbor to the south has statewide kindergarten, so of course many school boards have instituted public pre-school because they were failing their kids by not providing the best education possible, and now they're getting into early childhood education.
    And the kid's averages just keep going down.

Maybe we should just let them play when they're little and wait until they are 5 before we start turning-on the pressure.