1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uick throttles

Discussion in 'General' started by gogi, Jul 17, 2011.

1. gogi

gogi Well-Known Member

Do most racers use a quick throttle? What are the ones most used?

2. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The ones with a Q in them. :D

4. Or maybe he is looking for a Buick throttle :confused:

5. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

R6 throttle tube

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

r6 tube is a quick turn when installed on a GSXR, but I am not sure it is a quick turn on ALL bikes. It has to do with the ratio of the throttle tubes cam, to the throttle bodies cam.

I had the R6 on the GSXR for a bunch of years. Just this year I went to the Motion pro (needed Cables, and the tube was cracked, seemed a good upgrade to both at the time).

I ahve yet to really use it as intended, where you changed cams track to track, but it is a pretty nice kit.

you do have to have some mechanical/electrical know how if your bikes throttle housing and kill switch are integrated though, to be able to wire up the aux kill switch.

7. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I agree with Joe - the R6 tube (and R1 tube) I have in my garage is the same size as the OE Kawi tubes for my (since sold) 636 and (also gone) 10R.

I haven't compared it to the 1K7's yet - but I have no problem opening the 1k7's throttle fully - it's just that I seem to do that about a split second later than anyone else...