1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uber

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 4, 2020.

1. PSA for anyone that has Uber stock and hasn’t checked it lately, as of this minute it is up 14+%.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sell.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Its because they just fucked their "employees" out of getting benefits. Max profits over people.

lazlo likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don’t know about this one. The only manner in which they meet the “employee” definition is the ability of Uber to ban them. Beyond that, they’re subcontractors in every sense based on what I know about they operate. They choose their own hours. They choose their own rides. They decide everything about it. They just choose it via the Uber app. It can pretty easily be argued that Uber is really just software more than even an actual company. Should YouTube provide benefits to their “employees” that use the software to make their money??

BHP41 and Gorilla George like this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Agreed. I have followed that lawsuit for the past several years and what many of them don't realize, is that by becoming an employee, the perks of being a driver go away because the very benefit to being an UBER or LYFT driver is the flexibility.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The market had mostly priced in a Biden win and a stimulus package. That is all on hold now, so things depending on the package or Biden's environmental changes will go down and tech and other stocks that don't depend on that like Uber will gain some of that moved money.

8. I’ve already done what I needed to do. The market can go down now. :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You all know this is a trap, right?

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What trap? I just want people to start gambling again so my DraftKings stock goes up:D

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Sand or Venus fly?

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shitbox red corolla with a polaris tied to the roof in wisconsin.