1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U-Verse Wifi receivers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spooner, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Anyone try them? Just switched to U-Verse last night and it took a few receivers before the guy got one to work. Went to use it later and it went south so they are coming to swap it out today. Anyone else have any luck with them? I am thinking of just having them swap it to the normal one. The only reason I got the wifi one is because it was included and to make it easy to move the second TV if I wanted even though its at a cable jack now.

2. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

We just signed up for one of these at our new place, keep me posted.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

We had 1 shit itself immediately after installation but the replacement has been working fine for 3 months so far.

4. Spooner

The last installer was pretty cool and he said that once you get a good one they are pretty reliable but with the first one not making it very long I'm worried.

5. Spooner

I had TWC and was pretty happy with them but only recording 2 shows was a pain and they kept cranking up the price so I shopped around. I think the picture was maybe a little better on time warner but you get so many more features with the U-verse and I'm getting more channels and this second box for less than I was paying before.

6. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Our TW Internet sucks big time, we've had them out 6-7 times. It will be great for a week or so then slow to nothing. Google fiber is a year out...

7. Spooner

Yeah I was hoping to go with google but I don't see it being here any time soon. I had pretty good luck with the TWC internet but I have the 12MB service now and its cranking pretty good.

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Hey, ain't Kansas City gettin' that Google Fiber service? Isn't it supposed to be cheaper, faster, more reliable, etc?

Edit: oh sh@t. I just saw my answer above... For some reason, I thought they were starting the rollout now...

9. Spooner

Yeah but it's being released in chunks and I think it will be a year or so before it's wide spread. Also they didn't have the best channel lineup when I last looked into it. No speed, Velocity, etc..

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

We got UVerse a couple of years back. TV and Internet. Had to replace the first receiver about six months into the deal. They overnighted a new one with a UPS label to return th ebusticated one for free. Been good ever since.

Disclaimer: This is the 'old' receiver (HDMI to TV) that also creates a WiFi network for the house (and one neighbor).

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Got 2... They work fine.... Nice to not have to do a wire drop in the garage.. back deck ect... I just got the 18Meg U450 Package... Very satisfied...

12. the muffin man

the muffin man certified hymen inspector

we all aint got big $ like you muthf*cka!:crackup:

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Still cant afford that torque wrench....:beer:

14. Spooner

Ok up and running now. He said the WAP was bad which smoked the receiver from cycling so many times.