1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn 4 crash at Las Vegas B superstock race

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Are the two guys ok. The medical team was out there for a really long time. Does anybody know them or what happen to them???

2. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

I heard that they bumped each other and that one of them hit his head.

When they took him to the hospital I heard that he was unconscious but breathing.

I am hoping for the best.

3. mxracer95

mxracer95 Well-Known Member

This was the race 10 crash, yes? I heard they did CPR on the one rider out there on the track. I've been interested to know the outcome.

4. BluR1 #41

BluR1 #41 Active Member

They said the rider passed away... anyone know who the rider was? R.I.P

5. Letrik

Letrik Well-Known Member

:( I just saw that Somy Hoffman was one of the DNF riders.. Super friendly guy from CA that we've gone to dinner with while he was racing up here in Oregon.

6. mxracer95

Somy is fine. He raced with me later on in race 14.

Can anyone confirm the rider passed?

7. Letrik

Letrik Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Really hope that the other rider is ok and that it was just a rumor that he was seriously injured or had passed.....

8. mxracer95

Oh, I just paid attention to the thread title a little closer. Race 10 was C Superbike Novice. Are we talking about the same crash? Race 10 is the only crash I remember requiring extensive medical attention.

9. BluR1 #41

BluR1 #41 Active Member

Not a 100% sure but this is whats bein said on another site http://www.702sportbikes.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31425&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

not sure they seem to have some questions about it also... I hope he is ok... Last year saw a guy pass at Summit Point... This time I was no where near the track. I hope all is well either way

No one seems to know the name of the person that crashed

10. Christieland

Christieland happiest place on earth

It was race 10, C Superbike Novice.

I heard bad news about the racer's situation but I can't confirm it.

All I know is it's an awful feeling when the track is quiet for that long. You try to ignore it and focus on your own program, but it just drags on and you see the ambulances sitting out there, and maybe a car or two. It's almost a relief when the helicopter comes because then it signifies hope. There was no helicopter yesterday...

11. Former

Former Well-Known Member

Man, that really sucks to hear.

12. Christieland

Christieland happiest place on earth

I hope it's not inappropriate for me to post a link to an article that was published today. He's really on my mind and I'm sure on a lot of other folks' too. RIP. So sad.

News Article

13. mxracer95

So it was #831, Joe Pusateri, and he was a Salinas traffic officer. Ride in Peace, brother.

14. random hero

random hero Banned

RIP sad deal!!!

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

RIp. Always hate to hear about deaths on track. We know it is a real possibility, but I know I try to forget it.

17. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

Godspeed.

18. PCP

PCP King of the who?

RIP. :(

19. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

Yeah, we lost a rider in T9 a couple years ago at Willow Springs. His body lay on the track for at least an hour waiting for the coroner. Absolutely horrible day. I'll never forget it.

RIP J.P.

20. hatchet

hatchet CCS/LRRS271

Sad to hear, RIP:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.