1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tulsa King

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Nov 30, 2022.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Anyone watching ?

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Love me some Sly but haven't seen it yet.

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I saw the first episode. I was expecting to NOT like it....but turned out to be pretty good, I thought.

It almost has a "comedic" approach, which I enjoyed.

Taking that table full of "beauty contestants" to the strip club was a classic, IMO.

G Dawg likes this.
  4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Exactly , some really funny scenes .

CharlieY likes this.
  5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

"Somebody should invent a machine where you ask it questions and get an answer".....or something like that.

G Dawg likes this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

GREAT SHOW!!

Although you can see Sly is getting up there in age. watching him walk, does he have a fused spine or something? Dude is bound up.

But the show is great! LOL that poor weed dealer.

7. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Fun show. He's actually 75 yo, like his character said. I didn't realize that.

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

He must be on HGH or whatever the wrestlers use. They all walk the same way. Sly's not a big guy at all but he's found some size.

9. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I've watched all episodes so far. Kinda wish it had a more serious tone instead of a cartoonish vibe, but still not bad. Sly is definitely on the sauce. I think he got busted years back smuggling some sort of HGH in Central America. I didn't hear about the outcome, so I assume he paid off the right dictator.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He’s said in interviews that he’s the poster child for those strength and growth chemicals.

back to show, I was waiting for the Bbs’s opinion on this show before I tried getting into it.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Australia
    https://www.foxnews.com/story/sylve...-bringing-human-growth-hormone-into-australia

12. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I watched the first 3. Not a typical Sly fan but I really dig this show so far.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

He fits the role perfect... Watched the first three so far as well....

Wingnut likes this.
  14. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I really like the show. Funny and carries a good storyline so far.

15. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Michael Ehrmantraut , portrayed by Jonathan Banks .. Jus saying

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Are they supposed to bring him back from the dead ?

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yes. Dude has had multiple spine injuries from both stunts and weight lifting, etc. He is famously adamant about doing his own stunts, and is paying the price. If he wasn't so hopped up on HGH/test/whateverthefuck he probably wouldn't be able to move at all.

Really admire his tenacity, but yea I wound't wanna experience what's it's like for him to roll out of bed in the morning........

18. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

No , just the similarity in character portrayal .

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Interesting (to some) Tulsa trivia. The BOK building is basically a half scale version of the Twin Towers in NYC. The architect was the same for both. My father did some general contracting work on it when it was being built.

[​IMG]