1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying WERA for a race weekend

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by DBConz, Jul 18, 2017.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Friend and I were taking about doing the VIR round. We're CCS licensed middleweight riders. Home series is LRRS, so our safety wiring should pass WERA tech.

He's an expert this year and I'm a novice.

I saw the $50 discount for new WERA riders in another post.

Can someone tell me what my license and entry costs would be? We'd only be racing WERA that weekend for 2017.

We both have AMB transponders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Welcome!

Do yourself a favor and double check the wera rulebook to confirm you are good to go on safety wire requirements. I know CCS d oesnt require as much, not sure about LRRS.

If you follow the link in the wera.com homepage, all the fees will be listed there.

Entry fees total will depend on how many classes/races you enter (there is no cap).

Take off your lower before coming to tech. [Not required to bring it with you though (unlike ccs)]. Bring your helmet to tech, make sure it is less than 5years from its manufacture month/yr, and that it has ECE/Snell rating amd markings.

See you in tech.

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

outer header tubes
    front axle pinch bolts
    front/rear brake calipers
    front/rear brake pads
    radiator cap
    front/rear axle
    exhaust
    oil filter
    oil drain plug
    oil filler cap
    water pump drain bolt
    lower triple pinch bolts

only thing i can think of is the center clutch cover nut that might want wiring.

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

all i want to know is what's the license cost for the weekend and how much are the sprints? we'd be doing the middleweight and heavyweight sprints.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll have to double check with the boss and let you know. The discount is on a full yearly license, brings it to $75 instead of $125, fwiw ours last for 12 months rather than expiring in December. A weekend license is $40. Not sure if we'll be doing anything special for that weekend hence the boss check.

DBConz likes this.
  6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

And are the race entries a flat rate like $60/each or $80/first and $60/additional ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

The ones I've done and seen have been first/additional, but I'll leave the specifics to Sean.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DBConz and r6boater like this.