1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to Race Street Legal 2016 GSXR750

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by treestone27, Jan 2, 2020.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Can't quite recall the brand, think it was Pit-ek or the likes.

Installed fairings on my 98 GSXR 750.
    It was less than $300 for race fairings.
    Sold the stock fairings for more than I paid for the complete bike ($765 on eBay)

Don't ruin your stock fairings.

2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

who's practicing on the street between rounds? also check the rule book. CMRA doesn't allow turkey pans anymore

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Seen someone do this years ago. Rode his bike to the track with a strapped on "headlight", backpack with tools and removed the taillight and plate at the track. 3rd weekend he wadded the bike up. Never seen him again.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

One year Tyler and I go out to Willow Springs sometime between Nov-Feb and it gets very cold up there in the high desert overnight.

We are at the gas station right off the 14 and I'm filling up the toyhauler and truck. I hear a noise and cant figure out what it was.....uhuhuhuhuhuh, uhuhuhuhuh. I walk around my trailer to the other side and there is a guy with his leathers on a racebike with numbers on it, and as I remember no lights. He was uncontrollably shivering. I couldn't believe the dedication.

He had ridden from Hollywood to the track, which is about 80 miles, just to go race. His wife/girlfriend was following in a SUV. He lucked out and didn't have a single cop bug him. It was still very early in the morning, still before 7 am and I think it was around 40F, possibly colder.

5. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

there are a few options not mentioned.
    I would highly recommend doing some track-days like a hole bunch of them.
    I would not require you to remove the stock body work as long as i can visibly see the safety wire. main things anything with a fluid.
    Radiator cap,oil filter,oil drain plug are always the first concerns.

Another option for a street legal track bike is do race body work rig up a go pro mount and a fog light and a tail/brake light. with the turn signal mirrors and a integrated tail/turn light mounted inside the race body work even.

Again i would highly recommend practice at track days. getting use to bikes in close proximity will never happen on the street.

good luck.
    I am considering a couple races myself this season