1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump v Clinton Debate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jul 31, 2016.

1. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

I guess we should acknowledge on possibility. If somehow Trump really hit every single debate out of the park, meaning he would have to be very "un-Trump like" he might pick up others beyond his current base. I have seen no evidence that he's capable, and my opinion (just an opinion) is that most people are already decided. The two candidates are so friggin polarizing that I think most people have already made up their mind - much earlier than with normal elections.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Careful calling Trump a buffoon. He's made a lot of money. Buffoons are poor. :rolleyes:

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, hypocrisy is saying you're doing one thing, but actually doing another. It's also known as LYING.

I will freely admit that Trump has clearly modified his stance over the course of this election cycle to be more in tune with the people that support him, but isn't that what he's supposed to do? We started out hearing his own personal views, but as the election has proceeded and he's absorbed more and more of the party base, he's adopted more of a party line stance on some things.

It appears that you're falling victim to "Soundbite Democracy". If you'd step back and look at most of this with the understanding that the guy knows how to work a crowd, to throw buzzwords, to paint broad pictures, and most importantly, understands that it's not his job to have all of the answers, but to organize a team that can provide them, then maybe it would be more clear to you that he's not that bad.

As for business, if he's repeatedly ripping people off, why do they keep doing business with him? Maybe he's refusing to pay for substandard work? Maybe these are just highly dramatized examples of what goes on EVERY DAY in the business world? Has anyone else in this election cycle even run a business?

4. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Sorry, but when you defend every single flaw that the guy has it's just too much. It's your right and your opinion and I respect that. However, the proof is in the pudding. Every single change he has made has been for a purpose. To convince others to do something for him. He stands for nothing other than him, and even a blind man should be able to see that. To be clear - I am NOT saying Hillary is any better. He is a liar and a cheat. You can rationalize and/or defend your position and that's fine. But Trump has demonstrated his character flaws over the course of decades without exception. Just like Hillary. To be even more clear - when I hear the Trump defenders trying to rationalize his behavior, it sounds exactly to me like the Hillary defenders trying to rationalize her behavior.

That is exactly why I refuse to vote for either of them.

cpettit and 2blueYam like this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If I were in charge, he's not the one I'd pick either, but at this point, he's the only thing keeping Hillary out of office.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

An extremely aggressive Trump could conceivably induce a Clinton seizure on live TV.

kangasj likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

One thing would help him but it's pricey.

Any major attack on 'merican soil from ISIS would shoot the orange carpet right back up in the polls....

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, I can't imagine the kind of praise you lay on someone you actually like. That would make the Rossi fan club look moderate. :D

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I see what you did there. I guess you could say I was "trumping" Trump. I was talking him up, playing to the crowd :D

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Don't worry. I'm still voting for Trump as a favor to you.

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

An article written last year, about what he said in 2008, does not mean he changed his opinion in the last 12 months. Where did he say she would make a great president in the year 2015?

XFBO likes this.
  12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

All this Donald/Hillary banter is great, interesting, and useless as far as the tendency of us all being screwed in November. The thought of Hillary being elected is truly frightening and only a little less so with the Donald. He's obviously a squirrel so all we can hope for is that he'll be mostly a harmless squirrel if he's elected. Soooo, what do we do. I only see this election year as one of the best examples for voting for the lessor of two weevils. I've watched Hillary enough years to know that, as far as the Constitution is concerned, it can be rolled up with some quality weed and smoked at a lavish party for her Hollywood friends. She will do whatever it takes to satisfy her own desires.

In a word, "Vote Trump.":beer:

AJ likes this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Thanks for making my forecast come true after just two posts.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Given the context, it's not like it wasn't a certainty.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I figure Trump will be mostly harmless, as we have layers of "protections" built in to our government system to prevent anything exceptionally wild. What I would expect is a whole lot of "WTF?" from him as he exposes all the crazy, inefficient, and just plain dumb things our government does that cause gridlock and waste trillions of dollars. In turn, this will open the eyes of the general public and we'll start tossing out incumbents left and right (which is precisely why the establishment is so much against the guy).

Hillary, on the other hand, has spend her entire life weaseling the system and getting away with murder (literally), so she will be able to subvert the checks and balances system and force her will upon us all.

And then there's the Supreme Court appointments. If she gets in, she will stack the court with liberal activists and they'll wreak havoc on the Bill of Rights.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So you are either not voting or voting for Carbon Tax Johnson & AntiGun Weld... which is it?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    XFBO likes this.
  17. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Sadly, Johnson/Weld are far superior to Clump.

cpettit likes this.
  18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The only sad thing is so many people not voting for the best candidate because they don't think he has a chance of winning. If they all actually did vote for him, he would have a chance of winning or at least sending the election to the House of Representatives. At a minimum that would give a nice constitutional law lesson to some folks and prove that 3rd parties can make a difference.

cpettit likes this.
  19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"Best Candidate".....that is fucking laughable, mainly because NONE of the ones running or who were running are "The BEST" at anything.

Maybe you mean "The Best Choice"...then I will ask "For Whom" ...not for me...Weld is a Gun Nazi Idiot...and lets just say, I like my POTUS to have NOT Inhaled or Even Lit the fkker up in the first place much less packed the bowl and sucked the gawdam bottom out of the pipe.

IMO...there are Zero Statesmen left these days....We're FUCKED.

Yeah, IYO...and maybe if you just listen to their campaign ads...but when you dig...for the average dude who has a Job, House, Cars, Guns, and Enjoys some FunShit with welding and engines....Not so much...I already pay a premium for Welding Gasses, I don't need any further taxes added like BuzzJohnson wants to add...and well Weld Just hates my Guns...so Fuck them Both.

XFBO likes this.
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

They're the least libertarian candidates in the bunch... I cant believe the ticket they put together. These last two presidential cycles should've been viewed as a god send to get a 3rd party on its feet and up to full national prominence. Instead, we have a couple bozos and a third party that basically doesnt exist...