1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump to send at least 800 troops to southern border ahead of migrant caravan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Timothy Landon, Oct 25, 2018.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Dude! Dude?

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I would help build that one.

Orvis likes this.
  3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Over the years (decades?) we have seen more than a few instances where many of the illegal immigrants are eventually allowed to stay in the US in spite of current law so that is where we will most likely end up with this new caravan. They come in and are released into the public with the understanding that they are to return for a status hearing at some distant later date. If they're released wearing an ankle tracker it's no problem to walk out the door, get onto a bus or in a car, cut off the ankle tracker and toss it out the window.

It seems to me that what has to happen is for Congress to change the laws (or constitution if necessary) stating that illegal immigrants are not to be supported in any way as to housing, food, medical care, or any other support programs. In addition it must be made mandatory that no illegal immigrant can be hired by anyone for any job. The end result is to discourage illegals from even coming here in the first place.

All of us know that if that 6 or 7 thousand strong caravan arrives at our border they will eventually be allowed in since we will not be allowed to injure or kill anyone over the issue. We really would then be compared to Nazi Germany.

K51000 likes this.
  4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Smilie face, Smilie face!!
    :D (another one)

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

More of a det (detachment), a DFT (deployment for training), or TAD (temporary additional duty), I would go so far as humanitarian aid. I don’t think it’s a deployment.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If they could place 15,000 Japanese AMERICANS in camps during WWII, why not do the same with actual criminals? Sure, it would take a judge to deny bail pending court but then they wouldn't be "free" to just leave either. Following a fair hearing, if amnesty was denied, then off to your homeland you go. Do this for a few months and the flood would turn into a trickle.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

SCOTUS but cant find it ATM. pulled these up though:

these are just a few of many reasons that these things are way more complicated than they seem.

8. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

9. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

It would be nice if they could be redirected to California. Let them cross at Tijuana, I’m sure they would be welcomed with open arms. Maybe they could just be bused there to a “processing facility”- just some empty parking lot. Then all the feds leave, now it’s Cali’s delightful situation.

badmoon692008 and Banditracer like this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

It would be cheaper in the end to just load them all into a bus, give them jaackets, drive them north, and leave them in the woods a few hundred meters from the canadian border.

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

So it seems, every day, 100's of people are crossing over, calling 911 and getting evaluated, medically, etc. On the taxpayer's dime. Then just let go in the USA.
    Then, this 'caravan' is going to come here and claim they need asylum? To claim asylum- that was to be in the first country you get in to, Not the 2nd of 3rd you go to on the same journey.
    What a clusterf......
    Why are people essentially trying to bring about the end to this country?

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Live feed from the front of the "caravan' showed young men standing in lines to get onto/into dumptrucks....headed North...no children or woman.

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Just because there are not women and children doesn't mean it isn't "for the women and children". Don't be so cold blooded that you would prevent others from getting votes...I mean care and a better life. :rolleyes:

Britt and Marid2apterbilt like this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I wish they used a photo with everyone in the same uniform. That UCP inform is crap and looks terrible.

17. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

The number keeps getting higher, and the sources more credible.

https://www.newsweek.com/migrant-caravan-us-military-troops-mexico-border-armed-1192578

With all sincerity - how does this end, exactly? The migrants probably aren't going to turn around and walk home. I'm not sure what the Mexican government's plan is, now that they're so far into their country, and pretty much anything the U.S. does (besides sending Oprah down to give everyone a car so they can drive across) will be painted as us being the aggressor here. This is gonna be awkward.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Steady T likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We’re gonna wind up building a refugee camp for them and it’ll be a total shit show.

20. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Pay the cartels to make sure they don't get to the border before November 7th. Hell, the cartels owe us. :(