1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truly amusing P&R memes

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Apr 5, 2019.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Daniel Craig is half the meme, that is fairly clear to see. James Bond is a man so you are going to transgender him to female, I guess it could work but I have my doubts. There has been mostly remakes with Craig, the Roger Moore, Pierce Bronson, etc went off the rails. IMHO, Craig gave some credibility back to the series well enough for me to watch the movie. Changing the character to female didn't work for Capt Marvel, either.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jane Bond would make for a good movie if done right. Craig was definitely a step towards a real book like Bond, but the movies are nothing remotely like the books overall so wouldn't bother me a bit to take that step.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Books are mostly better than the movies across the board. I've rarely enjoyed the movie more than the book.

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I can’t figure it out either.

5. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

6. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

277F42FA-9112-4ABB-ADD4-D5EF9893363C.jpeg

tiggen and MachineR1 like this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed - but I don't expect a movie based on a book to be just like the book. There's just no way to ever pull that off since most of a books visuals are in your mind and different for every person - not to mention no way to get all the same information across. I prefer reading but definitely enjoy movies as well.

10. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Rhonda Rousey might make a good Jane Bond...

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I used to enjoy movies but rarely go now. Last theater was the LOR series. I wait for the dvd release. Last movie was "A Man Called Ove" and I still haven't read the book, on the list. My issue is the directors will cut a key element from the movie such as the ending to "True Grit." The book and Cohen Bros made the right choice but the John Wayne version sucked, I assume to have a sequel. If only the directors listened to me, dammit!

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

R1M370 likes this.
  13. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

If one of the toes had its hands on the shoulders of the other toe, that would be GOLDEN!

14. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

15. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

17. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member