1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck brake problems

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, May 25, 2017.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

everyone has pretty much covered the hoses and hydrolics but what were the condition of the slider rails under the stainless steel inserts? I've had them rust and swell preventing the pads from sliding. I like to dress them down with a file before installing the new insert and I clean up the pads 'notches" too so there won't be any binding. some like to put anti-sieze on them but i think that just collects the old brake dust and dirt and gums them up. I've been servicing a lot of brakes this spring. ( it was just that time) . b bill

2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Replaced both brake hoses and all is well. I was sweating the proportioning valve; it's tied into the ABS & goes for over $700!

3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help!

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Glad you got it sorted.

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

25 years, a handful of Freightliners, and several million miles and my Dad's never let him down or left him stranded. :D

Shenanigans and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. A Chevy. :D

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I work at the manufacturing plant in Mt Holly NC. We affectionately call them that

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I drive a Freightshaker and prefer that name :D

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I figured it was something like that Gary. My dad did occasionally too. :D

I learned to drive on his '86 COE. First new tractor he ever bought. Funny thing, local farmer is still using it today to haul grain.

Shenanigans likes this.