1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph 675 Service

Discussion in 'General' started by Steak Travis, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

How do these bikes hold up? Do you have to service them a lot or are they dependable like the jap bikes.

2. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

haven't had to service mine at all:D

3. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

Mine has had no problems over the past year. Incredibly fun bikes. I had an older r6 before it and I wasn't into it half as much.

4. danch

danch Well-Known Member

I've only had to repair crash damage. I've had a recurring issue with a lying coolant temp sensor (reads dead cold when hot or 'shut down now' hot when cold), but I think that may have been an iffy connection. Some say that the manual cam chain adjuster is a must (the spring in the stock unit is weak), but I've had no symptoms of that running track-only since 2006.

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I just picked up a 2010 about two weeks ago (white) and I'm totally impressed with it so far. This thing is tiny compared to my 1k, and has great torque delivery for a '600' class bike.

For those of you who race/trackday them, what do you recommend for suspension and frame sliders? I see Ohlins has a shock out, but who has good 25 mm kits for the front end?

6. danch

danch Well-Known Member

Woodcraft for rearsets, frame sliders, etc.

I've got a Penske shock, and nothing too special in the front - revalved. The forks on the '09 and later are rather different, so I'm not sure what's available at this point.

Geometry is the big issue with these. with the first generation, it was a must to drop the forks so the caps were flush with the top of the tripples (more ride height, more trail). Some people go further, including some bearing flips to get even more ride height. I expect it depends on riding stile and somewhat on yourpace. I don't think the '09-'10 chassis is significantly different, so that probably still applies.

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

just take the bike to Hord...

www.hordpower.com

:)

I bought the wife a Street Triple R a few weeks ago and really fun bike to ride. She did a track day with it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. nice step up from the Hawk in power, comfort, and fun to ride! same basic bike as the Daytona just a bit slower motor (different pistons, black box, etc.).

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Mine is in its third season as a racebike. The top end was apart this winter and looked fine. I put the manual cam chain tensioner on just because we were doing some other stuff at the same time.

It has Penske rear and stock front suspension. I'll respring it here sometime just to do it but it handles fine for me. It can be a little twitchy and the front end has been raised to put a little more trail into it.

a big PLUS 1 for JD Hord!

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

What I needed to hear, Thanks

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

We had Ohlins drop ins in our forks last year.

11. Matthias Schaub

Matthias Schaub Spiegler guy

I love that bike; great handling; plenty of power. The OEM bolts are not the best, they could have done a better job there. Also the harness is typically 'English' and you will have you fun with that one. Overall it is a great bike and very competitive. I cannot say much about the reliability but I will know more at the end of the year.

12. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

dont forget the trick LSL stuff for the 675:p

13. Matthias Schaub

Matthias Schaub Spiegler guy

yeah, just look at the pictures...:D

Attached Files:

14. sr9004u

sr9004u Well-Known Member

Glad so many had better luck than me....Mine had a thermostat issue dumping coolant/water wetter all over the rear tire in turn #1 at streets of Willow that had me sideways....numerous charging issues that were correctly diagnosed by me not the dealer etc etc etc....i gave up and picked up a new 08 ZX10.

Great looking bike though.

15. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

I have an 08 and it has been trouble free, although only a handful of days on it. So far so good.