1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triples in HW Twins

Discussion in 'General' started by daytona, Oct 28, 2002.

1. daytona

daytona Well-Known Member

So what does everyone think of this now that the GNF is over. Time to think about next year already.

2. James Greeson

James Greeson Is the race over yet?

stir stir stir

I think you Triumph guys were sand bagging.

:D

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

That's a tough one.
    The only gauge I had was Bruce Brown's Daytona in HWT and he stayed in front. Then again Bruce isn't a scub on that thing either. He's one fast summbitch to start with. I wouldn't mind getting another shot at that triple though. ;) My opinion is allow the triple in stock form only although you run the risk of creating another 'SV- D super issue'. Keep in mind a stock Daytona is making more HP out the box than a lot of built twins.

With the probability of '03 seeing a few SV1000's show up to play, I think the competition & grids can only get better. My feelings wouldn't be hurt to see a few triples out there....

4. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Daytona,
    Sorry missed being able to make GNFs--had a lot of interesting events around here keep me from the trip. Call me if you can I have couple things need to discuss with you. Sounds like I missed some very close racing. Congrats to all the 2002 champions.

5. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

I think the Daytona should be included in HW Twins and the name of the class should changed to "no fours" or "less than four". Of course I own a Triumph :D

It's kind of funny when I try to step back and think about the twins riders worried about the hp of a Daytona. Think about it, if someone had the cash they could buy an ex factory Ducati superbike and race in the class right? The twins are the bike to race in World & AMA Superbike but we're worried about the HP of a Triumph. Seems kind of strange in those terms. I think it would be easier if have the same rules for all bikes.

However, maybe I'm just nuts. Alright, go ahead and flame me my fire suit is on :D

Bruce

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

You could use that very same argument for all the other classes as well. AMA 'Supersport/Stock' bikes making ridiculous HP are for sale and available after the season, but the odds of you running against one is slim. The average joe won't pay an arm and a leg for a bike that's fast for 3 races before it needs a new engine.

I wouldn't be concerned if the bikes were nearly the same in design or spec, but stock for stock the triple has better than 20HP advantage and 40lbs lighter.

I still want a crack at that Triple, but I'd like to be in the performance window of that machine without going broke. A pipe & PC for the Triple would send me to an engine builder just to keep up with the Jones';)

7. daytona

I don't think it is a matter of keeping up with the Jones's. What do you think Tray Batey's TL puts out. An RC51 or a Mille, we are all in the same ball park HP wise. A triple would fit in as a good complement to the twins class IMO.

8. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

It seems to me that the triple was on fairly equal footing with the twins. Now if Suzuki or some other manufaturer comes out with a GSXR 955 triple or something along those lines, that may change, but the landscape is always subject to change with each new model year.

Robert Patch

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

$$$ & Incredible skill.
    You have to admit that's the exception to the rule.

Again, it's too tough to gauge really. I don't know that much about the triumph or triples for that matter to pass judgement. Allowing them can only increase the grid size & preserve the class for another season. :cool:

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Let it in Clubman. :D

11. daytona

Clubman??? Yeah ok!

12. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

News flash HWtwins fans. Wera might be going to a 104db noise limit next year. #709 came in at 112db at Road Alanta.I think a 1000 twin will be much harder to cork than an I-4 or SV for that matter. Another nail in the coffin. I get beat by SVs enough already.I hope you still have your stock exaust hanging up somewhere.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ROTFLMAO - where did you hear that? We have a 105db rule right now with NO intentions of changing it to 104. The measurements were taken at the dyno at full tilt boogie and will in no way affect our rule. We may watch them a bit more next year but we won't be changing rules.

14. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Never mind....

:D

Thanks Sean

15. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Triple riders are looking for a home. From the size of the grids in HWT at most races I think they could use the company too. My 2 cents:)

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'd agree.
    Bruce, you suck:p

I doesn't seem right that this thread went so long without an insult.....:D

17. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

Well, the reason that we were told that the 250's couldn't run in B Super was that the bike in the right hands (a hint to R Oliver?) would be to much for the poor 750 riders. ;)

Not that Oliver races WERA much... :rolleyes:

Tray Batey does race WERA, so you do have to consider him in the rules.

But hey, what could EBoz do with his ZX-7R against Rich Oliver in a regional B Superbike race? :p

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I was going to suggest that Mongo re-write the rules to read: "Anyone named Batey must start from pit row, 1 lap down." At least then the 2nd place guy could have half a chance.:D And maybe I won't get lapped till the white flag.....:D

19. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

Sorry Mongo, I must have misundersood what someone in a WERA offical's uniform said. Although didn't someone suggest the crying and bitching should start as soon as possible? Let's get that rumor machine fired up and running! My humble apologies

20. daytona

I think it is not just Tray, Patch is pretty quick, then there is Shockley, Shall I go on....... I feel that the playng field is pretty level as far as that is concerned. So I say right them into the rules and let them ride.;)