1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trek Checkpoint SL5/6 Gravel Bike - Size 54

Discussion in 'Other' started by ekraft84, Apr 23, 2020.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

2019 Trek Checkpoint SL5, with upgraded Ultegra components. Less than 150 miles on it. Carbon frame, size 54. Weighs 20lbs. w/pedals (pedals not included). Setup with a 1x drivetrain and tubeless with Schwalbe G-One's. Cobra blood color. Awesome bike, excellent condition.

SL5 specs (minus the added Ultegra components):
    https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... 5/p/24387/

$2500. Locaated in Michigan.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

nice specs, did you upgrade, or not like it? wish i could talk the wife into taking my slate. that one is up my alley. if it was the cement colored one, i might have a big problem. :D GLWS Ski

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I love it. The Trek Isostrut adds some give for added comfort and the upgraded Ultegra is super smooth. It's the best fitting bike I own.

N+1 only works for so long though. :D

4. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

This is enticing. Too bad you are so far away. Nice ride!

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thanks. Could probably work out shipping with my LBS.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  6. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I'd love that...but likely out of my range. Thanks

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sold, thanks.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Considering buying a 2021, size 56 version, for $3,129. I'd likely consider an SL6, if I could find one. SL7 pricing is a bit out of my reach. Still searching for one in the SE, or anywhere, and pay shipping to my local Trek shop.

You sold yours, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on your experiences riding it, if you're willing to discuss more. Especially how you went about your upgrades, etc.
    Thanks Eddie,
    Ken

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's a great bike Ken. It's fast and checked all the boxes I was looking for. I just became supported by a Specialized shop and wanted to run their gravel bike.