1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transponder question VIR

Discussion in 'General' started by oldmonk, Aug 4, 2010.

1. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

I looked but didn't find this answer. So if I buy a new transponder at VIR this weekend ( I can buy a new one at the track right ), do I have to register with mylaps to use it that day? If so will someone be able to do that for me right there and then? If I make it there this will be my orange t-shirt ride, just trying to get everything in line first. Plus is there any crazy camping spots to avoid, I'll have the family with young ones in tow. :up:
    thanks for any info.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

you can buy at track, not sure about registering it. I don't recall any bad areas in pit. email Mongo on regestering question. See ya there!

3. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

The area when you get into the paddock that is to the left and then off to the left is usually the more 'laid back' camping area, plus there is less traffic up there and some grass to play in if they need space to play. Security doesn't let things get too out of control.

4. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

you dont need to register it to race.. it goes by number.. u can reg it later online i believe

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. mylaps has nothing to do with race scoring. The whole paddock here stays pretty calm but to the left as you come in is usually quieter.