1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering funds from PayPal???

Discussion in 'General' started by dusty20, Nov 13, 2008.

1. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

So I am looking to part out my bike the only problem I have is a lot of people like to use pay pal which is fine but I am only able to get $500 dollars out a month? If I sell $5000 dollars worth of stuff I don't have ten months worth of time to get my money back. Is there an easier way to do something like this or would a cashiers check be the way to go?

2. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

If you confirm your e-mail, address and SS# it lifts the limit. IIRC.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I think you can ask to get the limit raised?

4. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

PAYPAL takes a nice cut too

5. dusty20

4.9% when you receive money. I think I got the limit lifted it was the SS number

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I have a biz acct and it's 2.9%, and I have a $25,000/month limit. FOr my volume, the % isn't bad at all whe9 you consider that it means I don't have to interact in any way with customer cc info, buy or lease cc processing gear, etc.

7. dusty20

does the business account have any drawbacks? monthly minimum or anything? if it has a higher limit right off the bat and a lower percent can everyone do that?

8. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

i use the paypal debit card, you can withdraw cash at ATMs or use for regular purcahses....:up:

9. dusty20

O/T: you have ties with Kruse International in Auburn, Indiana? I know a several people that work out there.

10. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

I dont have a biz account and I have sold thousands and thousands worth of stuff and Wire trans it all to my bank with no trouble. Think you have to "confirm" your account though.

Secondly U dont pay paypal a thing unless you accept credit cards. Then you have to pay 4.9% + .79cents to process and U have a limit of 5 per year of CC payments to accept (on a personal account)

If you set up a biz acccount you pay a % on EVERY transaction no matter how they pay you...

I have a personal account, confirmed, and I ONLY use paypal. Heck these days if you dont take pay pal, U aint sellin nuthing. I simply tell each buyer that i dont accept credit cards. Then you dont have a problem with paying paypal and U dont have to wait 5 days to get the CC payment to clear (thus making the buyer wait an extra 5 days to ship) When they pay direct trans, you get the funds instantly and U can ship that day. Win win for everybody (Except those who dont actually HAVE the money and are buying stuff with the evil cred card)

11. dusty20

ok sounds good

12. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

:stupid: