1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer drag rollers.

Discussion in 'General' started by Aberk, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

When we bought our stacker the rear rollers were shot. We tried to come up with an easier way to replace them as they wear out, but all of our attempts have not really worked(perhaps due to weight ~18k). Does anybody know of a place in north Atlanta that can supply and mount/weld a new set of rollers for my trailer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

You NEED pallet jack front roller and bearings. ;)

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

and you need metal bogy wheels, not plastic ones. sorry, of no help on where to get er done. There are a LOT of trailer places in GA though. My forest river 24' one is being made up there.

4. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Try Dean at Integrity RV. He's a WERA Racer and sponsor of the CORC series races.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

those are 12" keel rollers off a boat trailer.

I'd weld nuts and install 2 5/16" trailer balls there like the low rider crowd does. Easy to change and nice sparks. :D

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

LOL.. holy crap.. you are right ! Someone needs kicked in the junk.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

stupid question: what are they for?

i've thought about installing similar wheels/rollers on my 6x12 to get it in the garage...

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Protecting the ass of the trailer from dragging on the ground over terrain/elevation changes.

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

My 46' has metal wheels. The trailer is almost 10 years old and they are still working fine.

Check wtih Dean and also Jonathan at Boswell. Enterprises. 678-760-5608. He works on big trucks. He was able to put the rear door back on mine after it tried to rot and fall off. He rebuilt the frame and reinstalled it.

He turned it around in a single day so that I could make it to the next race.

10. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Get rid of the Xlr Greg?

11. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

We looked and looked for metal rollers that long, but our google fu is weak. Dean has actually done a fair amount of work on our toter so we may call him again.

Thanks for the replies and keep them coming.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I'm not much help other than call Dean and he'll fix it :D