1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer chock through the rear axle?

Discussion in 'General' started by dav612, Mar 15, 2005.

1. dav612

dav612 Well-Known Member

I have heard of a trailer chock type thing that goes through the hollow rear axle and nothing else is needed to tie the bike down. Does anyone know who makes these or where to get them?

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

seen and heard of them. i'm thinking about getting or building one, as they eliminate the load to your forks when you tie them down the normal way.

3. dav612

dav612 Well-Known Member

so thats a no on who or where?

:D

4. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

5. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Page 67 of Roadracingworld this month. Strapless transport stands.

www.ststands.com
    phone 469-363-7086

6. dav612

dav612 Well-Known Member

thanks, much appreciated

David

7. Indy92

Indy92 Beer Me

Forget the stand, who's the chick? :up:

8. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

my buddy has 2 of they ., for his R6., they work AWESOME ..

9. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

chicks or the stand?:D

10. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

clever idea, but the price is just freekin ridiculous. $300 for $7 worth of material and about $30 worth of labor. they should sell for around $50. why are people so gawdamn greedy?

i saw some plastic injection molded chocks on blackandwhite.com(?) for like $50 each.............i couldn't believe it.....i actually got mad at how greedy they were and called them to tell them.

i have given up on buying wheel chocks for my trailer. i need 4 chocks....looked and looked .....couldn't find anything i liked for the money.

i have the steel in the back of my truck right now and will be building some myself that will work better (for me anyway) than any that i have seen. got $44 in material so far.

11. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Everybody is freakin' machinist :D

12. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i was for about 6 years........and i still have my box.....and the place i work has a tool room......and i've got the keys.....

but this is gonna be mostly sawing, grinding, and welding, anyway.