1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tragedy at Barber today

Discussion in 'General' started by clausiam, May 22, 2009.

1. baileyrock

baileyrock Well-Known Member

So sorry, thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

Mark of STT had a moment of silence each morning at the Tally track weekend.

God speed!

2. Scruffy

Scruffy New Member

Just wanted to let the Entire WERA family and Individual families involved that our heartfelt Thoughts and Prayers are with them. If there is anything we can do please feel free to contact us.

Bobby / Teva Chaffin and staff
    BT.Inc EMS Service
    Nashville Superspeedway
    615 642 5489 c
    615 333-0484 h

3. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

I don't think anyone could blame you for doing that given the circumstances. I hope you're dealing with this as best you can.

4. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

x1000 I cannot even think how bad that must have been to see. Thoughts are with you on that.

And certainly thoughts and prayers go to Sutton's family, Russell, and friends and also to Holley's family and friends and fellow corner workers. It puts an empty feeling in your stomach hearing about this. :(

GODSPEED

DZ

5. Roosell

Roosell It's just as I suspected

Thank you. I am working though the crush of emotion as best as I can. I will want to talk to you at some point, but I'm not able to just yet. Maybe you can PM me in a few days.

Thank you so much- honoring her properly and keeping myself together was so very important. She was a high-performance person, and therefore she had high expectations those whom she loved. It would have disappointed her for me to turn into a blubbering slob at her memorial. I have no doubt that what everyone did for her pleased her. We honored her properly- thank you for being a part of it.

To everyone:

I want to thank you all for the well-wishes and support. Thank you to those who made big sacrifices to be at her service- I know several who camped out another night just to be there. Food has shown up in such mysterious ways I suspect people are faxing it in somehow. Thank you to those who have spoken in this thread- I draw strength from it. There are so many to thank, and I’m not of the clearest mind I fear that I will miss thanking many of you.

Sutton was a remarkable person, and racing was only one of her fascinations. She touched and inspired so many in each arena she worked or played in. She lived a life with an unusual mix of honesty, excellence, reliability, humility, courage, and an amazing sense of humor. I was privileged to be her partner. The gap her departure leaves in this world is tremendous for those of us who knew her.

6. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Deepest sympathy to both families. :(

Knowing Sutton from announcing and around the paddock a little to knowing Holley from corner working with him, most recently at AMA Barber, this is just unbelievable to hear. I have been at a loss for words to express my feelings.

GODSPEED to both Sutton and Holley and prayers and thoughts go out to Russell, friends and family and Holley's wife, friends and family and CW's that worked with him.

And I will speak for my friend Dan who was working Control that day, he is truly upset and doesn't understand how this happened. He feels even worse because he was in charge. He and his wife offer their sincere condolences to both families.

Jeff Wright

7. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Deepest sympathy for the families.

8. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Russell, she was a wonderful woman. And you're right about her sense of humor. She was telling me that Thursday how she picked her race number...I will always smile when I think of her...my condolences and prayers to you and your family

9. justintime_3

justintime_3 Well-Known Member

I never met these people, but they seem to have a spot in everyones heart and my thought and prayers go out to all the families and friends! RIP

10. Likety Split

Likety Split registered offender

Thought's and prayers from our family.

11. HiSpeed48

HiSpeed48 Well-Known Member

my thoughts and prayers. rip

12. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

I only knew her for a short time, but Russell and Sutton are the kind of people that go out of their way to say hello, have a laugh, make you feel welcome and are instantly liked by everyone. Rare... It is a great loss.

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

My prayers and thoughts are with both families.

Russell, I know we've never met but i know what you are going through. My father passed away only two weeks ago of a heart attack at age 46. He was a racer and he died only a week before we were supposed to do our first track day together. If I can offer any comforting words or advice, it would be for you live on for her the way you would have if she was still here. I know this isn't possible in every aspect but i've found living life to its fullest potential is the best respect you can pay to a loved one lost. I'm assuming by what ive read that you too are a racer or at least a fellow rider. I can understand if you decided not to ride anymore however i think that you should and ride to the best of your abilities for her. I still did that trackday at tally and my dad was with me the whole way. You have the whole motorcycling communty's support and backing.

R.I.P. Holly and Sutton

14. Method Moto

Method Moto Pirelli Tires

15. Country_boy_88

Country_boy_88 Well-Known Member

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I got to talk to her a little while on Friday morning. It was one of the best parts of the weekend. I'll miss seeing her around.

17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

this question should be in a separate thread, not here :tut:

18. LLLosingit

LLLosingit Well-Known Member

I visit this forum often because the Wera forum has class that other forums cannot match.
    As a racer I know how strong the ties to fellow racers can be.

Sorry for your loss.

Prayers to all involved.

RIP

19. russomf

russomf Well-Known Member

i was never fortunate enough to meet sutton or holly but they were obviously amazing people. I cannot imagine the loss you are feeling right now. just know that you are in my families thoughts and prayers. You are obviously surrounded by people who care deeply for you.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Thoughts to F&F. RIP