1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traction control types on ‘10 and up- question

Discussion in 'General' started by g685, Feb 17, 2019.

1. g685

g685 Active Member

hey all i am in the market for a new to me track bike, i am not going to be racing anymore so year and configuration are not as important as i don’t care about contingency or anything like that.

Anyway here it goes:
    I know there are several type of traction controls that come as oem
    A. Wheel speed
    B. Lean angle and wheels speed
    C. Accelerometer, wheel speed, lean angle

What liter bikes 2010 and up have which traction control? Better yet what is the oldest bike i can Get that has a lean angle sensitive traction control?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

From what I can recall, the only OEM that was getting TC somewhat right that far back in 2010 was maybe BMW. The R1 I wouldn't even consider until at least the latest '15 and later gen. Suzuki never had it at all until 2017, Honda also not until this latest gen Fireblade, Kawi's was OK when they first introduced it in 2011. They all got more refined and better over the years, but if you going.

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

RSV4 is the only one that had gyro/accelerometer based tc from 2010 up.

4. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

My '10 RSV4 Factory didn't have TC. Maybe a few '11's did but more common on '12's.
    To further answer the OP's question, the '12 Panigale had a TC that wasn't horrible. The 1299's however had the brains you're looking for.

5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

2011 RSV4 was the first superbike to have the IMU.

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

And the RSV4 electronics are considered by many, to be the slickest out there.

I have my TC set on 3.....I could never feel it engaging (maybe i'm too slow), but when i watch videos that i take of being on track, i can see the yellow TC triangle flashing on my dash when coming out of every corner, showing that it is engaging/activated.

Good deal here....https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?349391-Fs-2013-rsv4-aprc

7. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Panigale or RSV4 would be the best options, followed by the S1KRR. If you are going 15+, S1KRR is the way to go.

8. g685

g685 Active Member

Ok, I will execute.
    Thank you for the info friends !