1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TrackAddix quits. Will NESBA go to BIR?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by RxRC, Jun 24, 2009.

1. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Way to go TrackAddix. You're leaving us high and dry in the middle of the summer.

Kinda like to go to a trackday without driving for eight hours. I thought maybe NESBA would come in like they did last year.

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Or a person with a little more class would post:

Thanks for trying to make a go of it up here TrackAddix, sorry to see you go, we enjoyed riding with you. Anyone know if NESBA or anyone else is doing Brainard this season?

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

4. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Ya, I would if that's how I felt. Go tell someone else what to do.

To completely cancel all those dates in the middle of the year shows little class. I don't need to know the specific details of his personal emergency but someone could have said they were selling the business due to unforeseen circumstances and not that all of a sudden Minnesota is too far away. As far as I know it's the same distance from Colorado now as it was in March.

5. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Or would not answer with a wise ass comment:beer:

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Trackaddix has lost a bunch of money the last couple years and could not continue to do so, would you rather he go further into debt so you can have your trackday? Instead of feeling entitled to trackdays, maybe you should be thankful that he worked so hard to provide you with them until he couldn't afford to anymore. We're lucky to have anything up here considering the low turn-out so stop whining and sign up for the other org. that runs them.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  7. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Why is everyone jumping down his throat? I don't think what he said was so bad. Jeez, lighten the f up guy's. Who cares really.

8. STT-Rider

I'm guess I was being Snarky..... sorry.

9. STT-Rider

Sounds like wonderful opportunity for someone to fill a need. Can you try to do it with a group on a weekday maybe? I don't know the fee structure for Brainard but it might be less than you think.... Just a thought.

10. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

The track is there and I want to pay cash to use it. Is that entitlement?:rolleyes:

No, we should have Brainerd and another track in Minnesota or the Dakotas. I will sign up as soon as there is another organization in place. I've heard everything from Jessica Zalusky to NESBA, so we'll see.

Low turnout? It's been 60+ riders every time I've went.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  11. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Ya, we've already talked about that. I'm sure someone will step in though.

It's frustrating because I feel all the eggs are in one basket with BIR since it means at least 16 hours (total) in the truck to go to another track.

Let me say I like Dean and I wish him good luck in whatever he pursues. Dean and his wife have always been very friendly on the phone and at the events.

12. R1Racer99

People that know the guy and feel bad about him losing his business might care that he is calling him low class don't you think?

It's just like any business, if the demand is there and profit can be made, someone will do it. Unfortunately this is isn't the case in this area. You expect someone to build a track when one doesn't get enough business as it is? You remember BIR almost closed like 3 years ago right? Two guys have lost a ton of money trying to do trackdays at BIR, would you like to try starting up a business and see how it works out?

Zalusky has one trackday there on the short course and I'm guessing she'll probably pick up a couple more with Trackaddix leaving. NESBA was there last year too so they might also. Or come out and race with us in three weeks, that's alot more fun anyway.

13. jschmidt

jschmidt Well-Known Member

In general, it's been a tough year for the smaller players in the track day industry. If you're looking to get into this business, you can probably buy a share of a company for the cost of getting them through the season.

14. R1Racer99

Just noticed this, where do you live? Blackhawk is 5 1/2 hours from me, not a bad drive at all and they have tons of track time available. Topeka, MAM, Autobahn, Hastings, and Road America are all within 8 hours which really isn't that bad to ride on a track that's better than BIR and have tons of dates open.

15. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

I'm in northwest Minnesota, near Fargo.

I've done MAM and R.A. and I'm curious about Hastings. If I'm going to drive that far then it might as well be to a world class venue like Road America. I've been there and loved it. It was fast. Very fast.

Racing BIR may be an option. I have an fzr400, sv650 and an rd400. None of them get used much.

16. fakehatch

fakehatch Member

http://www.mnsportbikeriders.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43728