1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track lap records by category

Discussion in 'General' started by Team Serpent, Nov 27, 2001.

1. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

This could be dangerous but...
    What about AMA Pros that run WERA club races?
    Has this been discussed before??? [​IMG] JK

IF we limit it to times during a WERA event, I'd say VIR GP would be either Renfrow or Mike Himmelsbach, WERA Sept 23'01 1:30.5 or so. They were both right there. I don't think DiSalvo, during his 1 weekend here to score points for an invite to the GNF, broke the 1:31 mark.

Road Atlanta GP would be DiSalvo at a 1:30.6 something, at the GNF.

Summit GP would be Mike Himmelsbach during the WERA National weekend this August with a low 1:17 or high 1:16. I know he got some 16's in 2000 but not sure about this year. I'm pretty sure I'd heard he did a 17.4 this year. Chris Pyles would know better.

Hopefully we can insert my name in one of those three categories next year. [​IMG]

Monty

2. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

If WERA required transponders this would be much easier to keep track of.

Plus, morning practice times could be used for gridding the afternoon races.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Not to mention that bike and its younger brother/sister(and associated race stuff) are for sale. [​IMG]

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, fast guy, you have information for us on record lap times, or you just here bragging again? [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Robby Card

Robby Card Well-Known Member

I heard (not verified) that Yakkov (sp?) was doing high 1:01's on the SV at the TGPR national this year. Also, Roebling would be Bud Lawter at 1:16.5. How about CMP? I know Deborg did 1:43's this year just before the bamulance had to come pick him up off the track.

6. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Nope, hardly fast. I won't consider myself fast until I can run with those guys which may not ever happen. But, it's good to dream. Those guys are fast. I can only hope to be as fast as the Cards, Lawters, Caylors, Yaakovs, Blashfields, and Champions of the world. I don't see me getting any podiums in 2002. I am here to learn in 2002.

That was one helluva crash Debord had at CMP. Robby, wasn't that was the same race that you kept looking back and seeing different rider behind you? I just remember you turning around and doing a double take that I was behind you cuz first, it was Karl, then Lee, then me in the space of like 3 laps. Of course you had a comanding lead over the next expert and backed off your normal pace. I was riding my butt off to stay with you and you were giving me thumbs up signs and yawning inside your helmet. You fast guys suck. [​IMG]

------------------
    "GasTard" In More Ways Than One-
    PMF Racing
    John W. Walters #728 Expert Rookie Black SV
    http://home.mindspring.com/~jwwalters/index.html

7. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

I think Yaakov's probably got LW records on any track he raced his SV. I think he does somewhere 1:20 ish at Summit on his SV.

8. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Matt...I've always said you were fast...you just had to be in the mood. But damn....what wild hair did you get across your ass to go that fast? :)

9. Robby Card

Robby Card Well-Known Member

I think you're the only one who had a good weekend that time. You guys were dropping like flies in the solo, with Bryan trying to make it on the olympic gymnist team cartwheeling through the kink. In the sprints Lee fell off again, Karl was testing his slicks for traction in the sand I ran off twice. Add to that we were pitted next door to Tom and had to put up with the foul odor all weekend.

10. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

OK, what I've done is taken everyone's input and updated the first post in the thread. I'll continue to update that post so that anytime someone wants to know who holds lap times where they can just go to the top of page 1. Hope this makes things easy. Keep coming with the info, this is great!

11. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

[This message has been edited by Texracer85 (edited 11-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Texracer85 (edited 11-29-2001).]

12. WERA103

WERA103 Guest

Was looking at the times for the heat races for road atlanta for the GNF SV cup race. Shows that Champion had a faster time than Opie. Now I'm not sure if that held true for the Final. The roadracing world site didn't have the times for the final just the heat race. Just wondering if it was Opie or Champion that may have the Ltw at RA.

13. Team Serpent

Originally posted by WERA103:
    What are the times you have? I know in D-Super Bradley's fast lap was 134.8 Opie showed me a time on his on-board lap timer later in the weekend of 134.4. I think he turned a 134.2 in the final but don't know what the heat times were.

14. Team Serpent

Ok, just made a bunch of up-dates to the first post in the thread and changed the layout for easier readability. We still have a lot of question marks so keep it coming!

Texasracer85,
    I took the info you posted and broke it down into our format. Take a look and see if I've got it right, Thanks!

15. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

me, robby card, my teammate robert fisher and bud lawter all ran that weekend, it was awsome. we all ran low 17's for 4 or five laps in a row. it showed up on all or our lap timers - except buds - he said he deleted his before we could see them.....although he did win one of the races. i think he only did 26's and we lapped him [​IMG] i dont claim the record, i was just playing. we were cooking though. actually bud did real well that weekend, he may have won several including on his rc51.

i missed brian at the gnf, i got here late and he left early after his get off. i understand he was very upset with the weekend. we had high hopes for him. it was dissapointing.

if you novices are running 18's and 19's that will be good incentive to run fast next year so you rookies wont catch us.

16. Mblashfield

this is what lynne wrote down, my my-chron times are at the office: 1:23.1 - 1:17.4 - 1:17.3 - 1:17.1 - 1:17.4 then some pathetic 18's and 19's after we caught bud and he slowed us up.
    read it and weep

17. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

Call me Tex, and Haner did a 1:42.85 [​IMG]

oh, and NPR in Belle Rose, LA had the over all track record set by Bradley Champion on a stock R6, I'll look into the time since RPM is WERA affiliate.

18. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

If you're talking about the Formula 2 race, I've got the "slow guy" at 116.9, 117.4, 117.5, 117.8, and 117.6. Slow enough to win. [​IMG]

------------------
    www.pksracing.com

19. Mblashfield

that 1:16.9 was right after bud looked back and saw a 240lb crybaby on an 1988 hawk up his ass [​IMG]

20. Team Serpent

Originally posted by Tex:
    Got it, thanks
    and yeah cool get the NPR RPM info