1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Car Suspension Manufacturers

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 14, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

so @TWF2 ...i think i need to upgrade my spring on my Bilstein B16 (PSS10) for my Golf R....what do you need to do valving wise? or better question, how much more spring rate can i get without doing any valve work and still be my daily?

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You can probably get away with another 100# without revalve.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

King 4.0 bypass coil overs? We’re talking off-road right?

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I didn't read comments after the first page.. So I may have missed some stuff.

I came to bikes from racing cars for years. I have never been successful at taking a car I wanted to drive everyday and make it a weekend track car.. It always ends up being full on track car that I drive on the street once in a while..

With that being said, I will say that in the past I haven't had great luck with KW suspension.. I purchased a car with KW's already on it and I just thought that the company's customer service could be better.. also their spare parts prices are criminal.

JRZ, MCS, Moton, Ohlins, Penske, and other top tier brands are always going to have the best performing package tailored to your cars use. They all have great service andsmart folks to put you on the right setup.

However, if I were in your shoes I would look into some "mid tier" brands of coil overs that offer custom builds. With my last race car I was "decent" enough to start getting help from companies.. I had ECU, tire, brakes, exhaust, and suspension help from 2015-2019 (I stopped in 2019 to try bikes and haven't been back LOL.) The suspension companies that helped me out were Stance USA (not to be confused with weird cambered out Honda stuff) and Agency Power.

Stance helped me out with a coilover package, and Agency Power offered up some suspension arms, bushings, end links etc. Agency Power also helped out with a full exhaust system.

Stance later changed their higher end stuff to ReinHardt. I called them and talked on the phone for a bit on what my goals were, my budget, and my cars setup. They then put together a custom package just for that and sent me on my way. It was a big upgrade from the cookie cutter style packages I had run in the past whether they were a bilstein/spring swap, or an of the shelf coilover kit from Eibach, Apexi, Greddy, Tein, ETC..

The coilovers I ran where equivalent to what the ReinHardt R2's are. (16 way adjustable, inverted macpherson strut type, monotube, piggy back rez, ride height and preload independent from each other, and also came with shock covers to keep the elements out) I believe they retail for around $3K ish.. but I haven't looked in a while. My set up was technically still Stance USA, and was kind of more a mixture of their different stuff. Also, AFAIK all Stance USA/ReinHardt coilovers are made in USA.. Chicago area to be exact.

Stance/Reinhardt aren't the only mid tier brand with this capability though. Feal, Fortune Auto, and a few other will also put together a custom package for you as well. They are considerably cheaper than a set of JRZ's but they are all great performing set ups.. Especially or us mere mortals.

Hope this helps.

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

they said the spring rates on my setup is 399(F)/302(R), but on the true track stuff, their clubsport the rates are 571/417.

I get a tremendous amount of squat being AWD, and they said they don't have any other spring rates that they sell for my kit. are there any manufacturers that may possibly have other choices?

6. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Try to get ahold of Swift Springs. They make good stuff.

BigBird likes this.