1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

track advise...how do you have fun, lol

Discussion in 'General' started by lil' bitch bob, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Oh shit :crackup:

"Hell yeah, I hung that bitch out there that time.............oh shit, now it isn't even, I gotta hang it out the other way......oh damn it is a left hander.....oh shit what do I do?.........." <throws hand up to pit>. :crackup:

2. That is ALWAYS good fun. :D

3. That is by far the most stressful time on the track, at least for me. It has only happened twice. Once in an A-SS race as a Novice and once in a MW-Solo race as an Expert. In the Novice race, I had a 20sec lead by the 6th lap and the remainder of that race is still the most difficult time I have had on a race track to date (mentally).

At the time, I wasn't experience enough to know how to back it off by 2 seconds per lap. I was either balls out or in the pits. Now, I know how to adjust my markers/inputs to back it off by 2 seconds and still be consistent, but back then I didn't. I caught myself running wide and missing brake markers. I kept an eye on the guy behind me (Corey Hart), but im lucky I didn't make a big mistake. In hindsight, I would have been better off to just keep trying to do it right.

Never underestimate the importance of fun. Not only for your personal longevity in the sport, but also for how it makes you relax and ride better. In the Tally Solo races this year that I mentioned earlier, I was cheesin' my ass off the whole time (as I do pretty much any time I am riding).

I rode decent and finished on the podium in both races (2nd in MW and 3rd in HW). I would have liked to have won, but I just didn't ride good enough that day. I might have had a chance in the HW race, but the shifter on the 675 was messed up and I did most of the race in 3rd gear only. But even if the shifter would have been good, I still might not have won. I just didn't have it in me that day. But I maintained a pretty good lap-to-wheelie ratio and had a kickass time. That is what it is all about to me.

As mentioned before, if you aren't having fun...it will show not only on-track, but in your preparation and training. Motivation is important and if it isn't there, then something has to change. Different bike, different classes, something.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what that means, but you might want to have the doctor look at it, if not for your sake, for your wife's.:D

5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Showing up to the trophy presentation to collect your hardware is fun. C'mon Bobert !!!!!

6. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Want to have fun? Get a mini bike

[​IMG]

Some of my buddies who race 600s were appaulled by the thought of coming to race them, I love it just as much as riding a 1000.

7. Haha. I basically look like this :D the entire time, maybe without the green part.

8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Get em Bob!:up:

9. love all responses they all have truth in them, lol

i couldn't show up for a trophy presentation when i got 2nd out of 2 racers and he lapped me, lol

10. well said, thank you!