1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota busted by EPA

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Jun 19, 2021.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Bought a new forklift the other day and the dealer who is also a toyota dealership said he can't sell toyota forklifts for a year because they got busted for emissions bs.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I hope our resident forklift Subject Matter Expert can chime in on this.

Or was this dealer-specific?

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yep they are shut down for a year.

If anyone else wants to buy a forklift from a fellow motorcycle guy, we can drop ship them. :)

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That must be a pretty big fedex ground guy if he can drop a forklift. Lord knows they "drop ship" everything else they touch. :D

jd41, Sabre699, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Yea we hire the big time body builders for that program.

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Resume incoming!!

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I thought about you Rob but needed one the next day. Found a Doosan on the ground and grabbed it.

Once I get rid of some of my old ones I will need another and will hit you up.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

No problem. Happy to help if I can.

10. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

11. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Actually they changed the configuration on the 4Y engine eliminating the distributor. Also changed the throttle body and LP vaporizer.
    From what I heard the configuration met EPA regulations but those regulations were on hold from trump admin

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I need a cheap one. When I say cheap I mean use it like 2 twice a month sometimes not once even.

13. Boman Forklift

What’s your budget?

14. assjuice cyrus

Free 99?

I really don't know what used one go for. We have one that was there when we took over. Got it running and I guess you can say does what we need. But it's really small, no brakes, and won't lift much. Lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Most our used stuff with a warranty is 10-16k. New starts around 23k, although that is probably going up?

Prices depend on age, how high you want to lift, side shifter, and what brand you want.

I have some “frugal lifts” that I keep for low hour use, but that wouldn’t make sense to ship one of them.

I also have access to wholesale stuff without a warranty and depending on where I find it, you will probably spend 500-1500 getting it shipped to you.

16. assjuice cyrus

Side shift wpuld be nice but not a must have. We got time. Still waiting to see if the building we found pans out. Fingers crossed it does. It will be a gamer changer for us. But I'd say 20ft or so. I'm not sure what is low or high when it comes to lifting.

17. Boman Forklift

So a 2 stage propane generally goes about 11 ft and these forklifts are less expensive because most people want to lift higher.

The standard is a 3 stage and those are usually 183-189 inches which is 15' 3"- 15'9". You can get more lift than that, but that isn't normal. I have 20 foot sit down propane forklifts, but they are 4 stage. So the negative is there is less space between the rails to look at what you are doing, and many people don't like that.

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

What brands of new do you carry and can drop ship?

19. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I'm glad that I bought our Toyota at the end of the year...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

New, I carry Tailift which is 100% owned by Toyota and is the Toyota value line. Similar to cars where they have Lexus, Toyota, Scion, with forklifts they have Toyota, Tailift, and CT Power. https://www.tailift-usa.com/ The EPA shutdown did not include Tailift. Tailift can still sell propane powered forklifts and they use a Kubota engine.

New, I also carry NobleLift and they specialize in Lithium Iron electric forklifts. https://www.nobleliftna.com/

I have connections to get a couple of other brands for new forklifts as well. For used I can get most things. We repair all brands and have access to parts from the world's largest forklift parts supplier, with one location an hour from us.