1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson finally done?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Yes Yes it does. If only the cause was Tanner decking the other two idiots, it would kill two birds with one stone.

As for Clarkson, he is a punk ass bitch. Don't get me wrong I like the show. The UK version is the only one from around the world that I enjoy watching, but when he gets on his condescending rants, he is a total DB. Apparently his way is the only right way, but his rants are often hypocritical since he has gotten very stuck up. Odd since I thought he came from a very poor childhood.

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I can't believe he's only 54 years old. He looks seventy.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Not really, he was public school (private school in the US) educated. His family had something to do with making a bunch of money from the Paddington Bear books in the UK.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

- Did he get injured in the fracas?

- I don't know, what part of the body is the fracas located???

5. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So he punched a producer, there's like 74 of them on a show and none actually do a thing.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I think without clarkson there is no top gear. Thought I remembered reading once that he started the show and recruited Richard and whoever that other guy was. (James May didn't come in til season 2) pretty sure he's the producer/owner/whateveryoucalitinshowbiz of top gear could be wrong though or maybe BBC has acquired all that since then

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

They bought out his ownership interest in the show a few years back. However I think he still gets paid seperately for the show and the DVD sales. No idea how long that arrangement is supposed to last, but if I recall it's set up similar to guranteed contracts with athletes. I.e., they terminate him, they still have to honor the deal for however long it goes for.

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Shock. That makes more sense.

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Some say....

He hits like a gurl

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

As long as new cars keep coming out, there will be new material. Even if it's stale, it's still the best non-cartoon show on television.

13. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

I won't miss the bigoted orangutan

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

If he is gone I don't think I will watch it. I like May and Hammond, but you need Clarkson in there too. May is the thinker, Clarkson the bufoon, and Hammond is the laughable middle ground. That is why I like the show. Also, where is the link to the please get rid of Top Gear US petition? I can't stand the dips hip guy in the glasses.

15. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I would like to see Chris Harris on there.

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Most commercially successful nonfiction TV and radio shows rely on some variation of "the dork, the dick, and the darling." American Idol was the first show I can recall to really make that obvious on American television, but Howard Stern did it for years prior on the radio before everyone started copying the format.

But the format doesn't work without the dick. Clarkson will be on the air until he costs the BBC more money than he makes them. That's a LOT.

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

This.

And honestly, television would suck that much more without Top Gear UK. It's one of two shows I bother to tune into anymore, because awesome.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Signed and shared.

I was 122,697 or so. Bet it reaches a quarter million by tomorrow night.

19. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Agreed, he's a salty old sea dog in a dive bar that has been over run with hipsters. The kind of guy you see at the end of a Scooby Doo cartoon yelling at "those meddling kids"!

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Bingo...I said almost those exact words to my wife while we were watching last week's episode.

Clarkson is awesome and Top Gear UK is the best show ever made.