1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony's Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bigtoejim, Nov 2, 2001.

1. bigtoejim

bigtoejim New Member

Hi racers, I was one of Tony's buddies off the track. I'd like to tell you a little about the funeral. It was a good day for it. Sunny, in the sixties and breezy. Tony's casket was the color of his race bike, silver. The teammates of Emerge Racing added his number to it, black 41 with yellow background. He was dressed in his leathers, suggested by Teresa his longtime girlfriend. There were many family and friends attending. We had 10 motorcycles lead the persession. We had to stop and wait on Tony though (the hearse wouldn't start). Teresa laughed and said that Tony was usually late, why not to his own funeral. We rode by his house and honked and gave the thumbs up as we passed. After we said our last goodbye's, we all went back to his house and shared our stories. We all gathered the bikes up and took a picture of them with Tony's Duc in front. I got the pleasure to ride it in the funeral. Although he is gone, he will not be forgotten. He left us doing what he loved the most, riding motorcycles. We all understand about the mishap and want Steve to know that we hold nothing against him and we hope he has a fast recovery. It will be hard enough for him to get over so I hope this will help. Take care Steve and everyone else. Thanks

------------------
    Brad

2. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

You know, about 9 years ago, a friend of mine named Larry Schwarzbach died racing. It really didn't matter how he died, the fact was he was gone. The thing that get's us all through this is remembering all of the good things that each of us offers.

We all have some bad qualities of some kind. It is how we approach the positives in life that make the differnce.

Godspeed...

[This message has been edited by Renaissance man (edited 11-03-2001).]

3. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

Hey Renaissance man,
    I have been working with Joe Krebbs. He was Larry's tuner from the days of privateer when he rode Joe's bike all the way up to the Yamaha days. I don't know if you know him or not. He always has really good things to say about Larry, he still talks about him. I just thought I would let you know that he is not forgotten.