1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tommy Aquino???

Discussion in 'General' started by TrackStar, Feb 2, 2014.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Rip Tommy

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

:(

One of the few posters I have from recent years is of Tommy.

Attached Files:

3. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

That is absolutely gutting. Never knew the kid but his smile was infectious and he seemed to have so much potential. Condolences to family and friends.

4. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of this all day. I love watching these young people in super sport and am constantly amazed at their skill. I'm so sorry for his friends and family. RIP

5. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

6. Photo from 2011 AMA at NJMP. RIP.

Attached Files:

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was expecting this guy to go all the way. He had just begun in BSB and was blazing fast at tracks he had never seen. He was on the road for sure.

[​IMG]

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

They were finalizing plans to announce him running in the superbike class. So sad. Sympathies to family and friends. RIP Tommy.

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I remember being there during Tommy's early days on a 'big bike'. A WERA West round at LVMS comes to mind as maybe one of his first 600 expert wins. At the end of the day his little brother was doing the math about how much contingency money Tommy had just won. It was obvious back then that Tommy had the stuff that separates the really fast guys from the also-rans.

Godspeed Tommy Aquino. :(

10. amaner

amaner will do math for food

I'd never seen one of his races over in the UK. Thanks for posting. What a talented and fun young man. Gutted :(

11. smrrc

smrrc Well-Known Member

I met Tommy and family when he was 9 years old. They had traveled north to come race in my club, the SMRRC here in nor cal. His dad had brought out a few of those Metra KIts that Tommy was riding then to see how they'd fair up here as expected, Tommy did well winning a few races. I remember Carrie, his mom, holding up his pit board sign with laps left, gap and so forth. I remember thinking "this is just mini racing, who does that" lol! I guess in retrospect they were training him for bigger things to come. He raced against Elena, Bobby Fong and Cam Beaubier that weekend and man what a battle they all had. I distinctly recall Tommy on the podium giving his speech and thanking all his sponsors and especially giving credit to his competition. Tommy was like that. Fond memories indeed.

I know he is in a good place now.

12. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

13. Filterboy

Filterboy Well-Known Member

RIP Racer. :(