1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today's edition of Why Can't People Mind Their Own Business?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by (diet)DrThunder, Nov 9, 2005.

1. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Homosexuals, Texas, Full Metal Jacket, stares. I believe I found your man.

Gunny

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

You don't have to embrace gays or catholics or satanists or republicans. But they all should have equal rights and constitutional protection.

I think that some religions have totally repugnant aspects to them, but they still have the right to practice, no?

3. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

And then we can steer the thread into what was the original intent of the Constitution? Did the drafters, or could they have, envisioned discussions such as these?

Cna we change the Constitution?

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

LOL...hey Tex, I don't see any horns!

:D

5. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Compare this to Mongo's avatar. I think he's been practicing. :D

[​IMG]

6. (diet)DrThunder

You can steer it wherever you want...I was simply trying to say that it sucks that people are bigots and insist on forcing their morality of others.

Carry on with your high-fallutin' consitutional analysis of things
    :)

7. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Not my business? Insurance goes up because there are going to be more dependants, less tax money coming in because of "marriage tax breaks". Seems gay marraige does effectevery tax paying citizen that has to pay for medical insurance. Do away with mariage tax breaks and all of the privacy crap that has been passed and there woudn'tbe an issue. seems the largest grunt of this movement came when gays weren't allowed "family" rights at hospitals and such.

I guess you can blame this on the liberals that passed those policies without looking at the scope of who it would effect.:Pop:

8. Strick

Strick Good to be king

You do realize that by saying someone that is against gay marriage is a bigot is also a way of trying to force your morality onto others.

For someone that thinks people should mind their own business you seem to be awfully concerned about what others are doing.

9. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Is there any valid economic study that supports your argument?

10. Trent

Ah, but one could say that homosexuals are forcing their morality on others, the majority of others as voters would have it. Look, I'm not advocating either way because as I said when I jumped into this, for me, until there is scientific evidence or proof that being gay is not a choice, I don't think we're ever going to sort this out. How do you get that proof? I don't know. IS there a gay gene? I'm hoping you might have some links to the evidence when you get a chance.

And believe me, I am in no way high faluttin' when it comes to the Constitution - I didn't even memorize the preamble like I was sposed to in 7th grade. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

R Lee rocks.

KILL.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Write your congressman. Ask for equal rights: no tax breaks for ANY married folks. Problem solved. :)

13. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Like women pushed their right to vote and blacks pushed their civil rights?

What scientific evidence is there that women or blacks are equal to white males?

14. mrussell

mrussell Staff

So when a homosexual 'forces' his morality on you, you can still get married and so can he,

but when you force yours on him, you can still get married but he can't.

nice deal for you.

15. Trent

Let's go even further - no tax breaks at all. Flat tax, 17% across the board, no deductions. Details need to be worked out and I'm thread jacking - sorry...

16. Trent

I don't know, Robert, why don't you go look it up.

The difference was, and keep pace here, it's not their choice to be born black or a woman.

17. Trent

Please refer to my other posts in this thread - thanx!

18. (diet)DrThunder

Werd! :up:

19. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

I have...but until the insurance industry gets squared away that is the largest problem.

I truly believe the privacy acts have put us in this bind.

Rodger, I'm not privy to that info, but I'm sure some acctuaries have run the numbers and I believe the insurance industry is lobbying againgst gay marriage any chance they get.

You didn't disagree with my opinion that they privacy acts are the straw that broke the camels back why not?:Poke:

20. racer919

racer919 Still slow...

This "logic" is flawed. Based on your argument, homosexuality is a benefit to our society because it reduces the number of people recieving insurance benefits.

Part of my employment benefit is that I have the ability to provide insurance coverage for my spouse and children. The guy or girl in the next office has the same right, regardless of who that individual may be. Would it be acceptable to deny coverage to interracial families? Of course not. So why is a same sex family any different?

I agree with Thunder: What business is it of ours if two consenting adults choose to live as a married couple, regardless of their gender. Is it hurting you? No. Is it harming society? No. Then leave these people alone.

Our society spends way to much time (and money) forcing our morality on each other. If you really wanted to cut your taxes, stop spending so much government time and money on intruding on people's personal lives.