1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To who know me

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dave164, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

For the first time in five years I will miss a VIR event. I had nearly finished getting my RZ together. Fairing of my cbr, rebuilt swarbricks for lower rpm, new seat unit, new rearsets and modified swingarm.

I had set up a small machine shop with a tiny lathe and milling machine. i was making some silencers on the mill when a stupidly felt the metal I was cutting to see if the cut was flush on the side. I had not moved the cutter out of the way or turned of the spindle. The result was the cutter brushed my index finger on my right hand and dragged it in. This was a week ago and ended up in surgery at the er. They could not sow it back on but repaired it the best they could to the end knuckle.

I am not able to ride, drive a car and anything else right handed yet so I have to face the fact I will not be going. :(

I am hoping to be at the Summit event, maybe back to two vintage bikes as my cbr is going back to a street bike and being sold.

Regards to everyone, Dave.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Sorry to hear you got hurt. Get well soon Dave

Bob

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Dave, very bad news. All I can say is, I'm glad it looks like you will be able to recover from it.

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

damn dude......Im not sure if we have met or not but its no matter.......rider is a rider is a buddy........and thats a tuff thing happen to you.....sounds like you are taking it in stride though and recovering as well so I guess it could be worse.....
    good luck on your recovery and hope you are back out dragging knee soon.....
    take care

5. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Dave, Having played with a lathe I know a little of the dangers, not enough to keep me from playing, but enough that my skin crawled reading of your accident. Best wishes to you and I hope to see you at summit in april.

Rus

6. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Dave
    So sorry to hear about your misfortune. We'll miss you at VIR...glad you'll be back soon.