1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To My MOM:

Discussion in 'General' started by HFD1Motorsports, Oct 13, 2006.

1. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

10 Dec.36-12 Oct 06
    Thanks for keeping me safe and fed. Thanks for instilling the good in my heart. Thanks for showing me how to care. Thanks for washing the mud from behind my ears. I know of the sacrifices you made raising me without my dad being there to help. I hope in the last year in your life I gave back some of the things you gave me....She has lost the fight with cancer and a ailing heart. We moved her to our home to keep her safe and get the best care we could. She pasted in our home with our family and not a bunch of doctors and nurses...Thanks to Georgia Hospice..... Morphine and Melissa my loving wife for the care she gave my mom...The end was the hardest thing I had to watch.....but it was what my mom wanted....
    RIP...Laura Ann Huffstetler

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Awww...I'm so sorry. I know she was so grateful for you to move her down here so she could see the kids.

Let us know if you need anything.

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Condolences and prayers for the family.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My condolences to your family.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Sorry to hear about that. :(

7. hdrk2006

hdrk2006 Well-Known Member

Wow Huff, sorry to hear about your Mom.

I went through the exact same thing with my wife Shannon on July 2nd. A long battle with cancer and congestive heart failure are horrible to watch someone go through.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

8. Ogre66

Ogre66 Well-Known Member

My condolences to your family.

9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

very sorry for your loss

there is a line in a death cab for cutie song that says "love is watching someone die". i have never gone through what you did, but that line hits me every time i listen to the song.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Prayers for you and your family. I think I'll call my Mom this afternoon.

11. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

What is worse is to watch the fluid build up and the trips to the ER had have a slew of doctors testing poking blood drawing coming up with things to do to keep her in the hosptial... Just in the end to pull the fluid off from around the lungs...a few weeks later.. do it all over again... The Mophine was the best route....hard to watch someone having a hard time to get air....

12. 922

922 Well-Known Member

my condolences.

13. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Prayers and condolences for you and your family.

14. TiForce1

TiForce1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

15. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and your family.

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

To a great son who chose to make the last memories of a special woman pleasant and filled with love... And to a strong woman who in the face of all the evils in the world, raised a good and successful son. I hope peace has found you, your family, and most of all your mother. :)

17. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

:( I am very sorry to hear that huff - she was also very lucky to have a son who cared as you did.

18. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

19. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

Very well put. Charlie, I am very sorry. You have my sympathies.

20. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Godspeed...