1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TLR Saftey wire.

Discussion in 'General' started by midliferacer, Apr 3, 2000.

1. midliferacer

midliferacer Brett

Are there any places on the engine that need to be wired on my TL1000R. I have wired the exhaust header bolts.
    Looking forward to being back at the track and seeing everybody again, Kosmo too.

Brett

2. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

You mean besides the usual places? (oil plugs, water pump, etc..)

3. midliferacer

midliferacer Brett

This is my first water cooled bike. Got the Oil drain plug. Will wire the water pump bolts. Thanks.

4. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

speaking of TL's
    does any body know the guy who wadded
    his TL up in turn one at roebling last weekend in the edbargy class at the end of the day. that had to suck. but it make a good race bike now.

5. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

Also, look for any banjo fittings that are on any oil supply lines going to the heads.

6. wera122

wera122 Guest

Or you could just break down and read the rulebook which lists everything that needs to be wired. I promise I won't tell anyone you read it! [​IMG]

7. WERA

WERA Administrator

ROTFLMAO - gotta admit Brett, you deserved that one [​IMG]

You coming to Memphis this weekend? If so, I'll bring my drill and help (by help I mean watch) you wire whatever you missed [​IMG]

8. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

LOL!
    That was the first thing I was going to suggest (bring a drill and ball of lacing wire on your first time thru Tech).
    But decided he might do it, and of couse he would be in front of me in line! [​IMG]

9. WERA 16

WERA 16 Guest

Or, better yet, take yer bike up with nuthin' and the tech guys will tell ya for free, plus a little extra that ya might need to know. [​IMG]

10. midliferacer

midliferacer Brett

Just trying to be ready. Glad I didn't ask how to calibrate the trottle bodies or how to align the thing a ma jig.

11. wera122

wera122 Guest

I could feel you guys holding back that question, and it's against my nature to ignore (and speak) the obvious. [​IMG]

It's alright to ask though, as I've asked many questions in my day too. Better to be safe than sorry and I'm sure you're like me in the fact that you want to have everything done before you get to the track.

Just ask the guys at Roebling I was teasing all weekend since my bike was ready to go when I rolled it off the trailer. They missed a practice or two working on their bikes instead of riding them. That's just plain unacceptable for someone as anal as me! [​IMG]

12. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

Mike is his name. I know/knew him only through his friend Bryon (WERA#89). Had his bell seriously rung with that get-off. Had dinner with 'em friday eve. He was planning on racing on sunday - something I was uneasy about - he took out 2 R1's (destroyed) in his offtrack excursion and I can only imagine what that TLR would/could do to my little Aprilia in HW Twins.
    But as it turned out, he tossed it again during saturday(sunday?)practice - this time for good. End of problem. [​IMG]
    Nice guy tho' I think his enthusiasim was exceeding/overcoming his throttle hand's ability to keep up...... [​IMG]

Charlie McCullough WERA#90 Ex

13. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

thanks for the reply
    that sounds scary I saw both the R1's laying over in the back of that trailer, I was wondering. he must be new.
    that was a very $$$$$$ n that crash
    about 30k ouch [​IMG]
    once again thanks
    on the other guy bring lots I mean lots of drill bits if you plan on doing at the track
    I with the other guy I rolled my bike off the trailer and all I had to do was put gas in it
    thats the best way to do it.
    you can do it [​IMG]

14. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

I don't know if the TL has the same galley plugs or some similar, but I just wired a GSXR 750 for the first time (prior to that had an FZR) and I missed the galley plugs on the both sides of the engine. Bring a tube of silicon for the small things. Oh and spend the extra money and buy the titanium bits...well worth the money over the HSS. It five times as fast and did the whole bike with three bits. True it wasn't at the track and I had a vice but still money well spent. Good luck.

Ryan #817