1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sportracer07, Oct 7, 2018.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Hey guys im new to WERA only done a few race so far. Just wondering what the most popular budget friendly tire seems to be. Im running the sportsman series. I ride a ZX6r. I have been running Dunlop Ntec slicks, but i didnt see a Dunlop vendor at the track, so i assume thats not a popular choice?

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Fwiw....dunlop is the sponsor tire for motoamerica. Those guys are kinda fast.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Dunlop and Pirelli I'd say are the most popular right now.
    Budget friendly?
    I know Bridgestone just came out with a new race tire and they're much cheaper than pirelli and a bit cheaper than Dunlop. Can't speak for Michelin

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

if u really want "budget friendly", u should use the hardest compounds that any of the top manufacturers offer. ull replace them less frequently, which will actually impact your budget. ull go slower, but its a tradeoff u gotta make if u want to save noticeable amounts of $$. as a novice with Hard or Medium+ tires, I used to replaced them half as frequently as I do now with Softs and Supersofts.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I'm biased , but one thing to consider with Michelin EVO tires. You don't have multiple compounds to keep track of. One and done. Just need to choose slick or DOT, but wera allows slicks in all classes. Matt Burdett is goin real fast on em, i hadn't been to Barber since 2009 and won a couple races this year with wera.. and a shit ton with ccs. they-good.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

budget= buy take offs from a MA racer. :D
    then ride them until you can see the air inside.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Read thru the generalization here and find the facts. FYI Pirelli has a lesser priced set of DOTs called the Supercorsa Version 1 or simply V1. Current fresh tires in the older tread pattern and at a smaller price