1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires Tires Tires???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Speedracer27, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Speedracer27

Speedracer27 Member

Just getting back to the track after a short haitus and lookign for advice on tires. I'm runniing a 600 is Superstock, Superbike and Extreeme. So...DOT tread patter is probably the way to go (since I'm not about to swap tires between races). I'm running Diablo's currently (street compound) and am very impressed. Anyone have a good source for the race compound DOT's? Any and all advice welcome.
    THX,
    Speedracer27

2. Nicati

Nicati Well-Known Member

yeah, Mark at Rocky mountain race tire can hook u up with
    any of your tire needs and answer any questions u may have.

3. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Diablo's they have a kick ass thing going on for the novice 600 class now go to thier web site for info or just search around here. I am a die hard Michelin man but If I was a novice running the 600 class I would be tempted.....

4. Speedracer27

Speedracer27 Member

Yah! I did my homework on the Diablo Challenge and signed up for it. I'm going with the Diablo Corsa. The prices don't seem that bad. About $275/set. Now, the Supercorsas are $340, but they don't qualify for the challenge. Anyone have a good lead on the Perellis? I mean $275 at the track isn't bad at all, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. BTW, I have 2 trackdays on my (regular DOT) Diablos, and they work great. I'm looking forward to saving a second or two, though, with a softer compound.
    THX,
    Speedracer27

5. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I have a set of Diablo's 120/180 with 6 laps on them. $200
    Used at Roebling but needed to be on race compounds.
    If you need a set I will be at Road A on Friday morning.
    Actually I was running 1:17's & 18's at Roebling with the Diablo's and the same with race compounds. The Diablo's seem to give good feedback. I like to keep the thing on 2 wheels.
    Tim
    NV#107

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  6. Speedracer27

Speedracer27 Member

Thanks for the offer, and I would take you up on it. However, I'm all the way up here in Ohio, and Nelson Ledges will be the next track for me, followed by Mid-Ohio. If you plan on coming up for the GNF (Mid-Ohio) let me know. I may have a home for those (6-lap) Diablos.
    THX