1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires for SV650???

Discussion in 'General' started by TLsupertwin, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Ha ha...if you wouldn't have had that double draft at VIR it would not have happened that time! :D

I enjoyed racing the D-Super SV against you but some lucky guy named Marshall in Virginia has it now. He plans to race CCS though. I figured I didn't need a back up bike if I was out of points contention plus I needed the money for various parts for the SV and emergency room bill for my collar bone.

Arm feels pretty good except when I accidentally try to lift something with it.

How did you do at CMP?

2. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

I won the dry ones and got 5th in wet solo and 6th in wet LWT (nothing to win lots to lose in wet - that's my excuse).
    The funny thing is I got second overall in F2 one wave start race. Run 45's in the first race. That suck's you had to sold the slower bike :Puke: . At least next time I beat you it's going to be even sweeter since you'll be on a superbike :) . So when do you think you'll be able to join the show again ?
    I'm really looking forward to race against you again since I cought up with you in #'s of race weekends under my belt.

3. Kendall

Yea I think before I broke my collar bone I had three more weekends of racing than you...counting my 3 weekends last year I have a total of nine now. ;)

Who won the F2 race combined....Suff, Walters?

Seriously, 45's are fast on an SV man you are flying!

4. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

At Summit Point I asked Dave about running slicks(Pirellis) and he shrugged his shoulders and said"they are probably "only" good for a half a second a lap"......
    I need every half second I can find. Yaakoff doesn't.
    That doesn't make performance enhancing mods a "waste of money " for me. Fast guys on slow bikes will be beating slow guys on fast bikes every weekend. That doesn't mean slow guys shouldn't modify their bikes to try to improve lap times.
    And yes ,I know, there is no substitute for seat time and practice, practice , practice. Sometimes good hardware makes developing good software easier.;)

5. The Kid

The Kid Well-Known Member

I did not know which tire brand I was going to use. I tried a set of Bridgestone slicks and hated them. If anyone wants to try a pair they have one heat cycle. I will sell for $100. Pirelli's Rule!

6. The Kid

If you would come to the Southeast region you could race against some competition. I am not going to brag about my finishes on the BBS because no one likes it. Come to RA in July and race against some competition.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Would you mind sharing your lap times at Putnam?

8. The Kid

I have not yet been to Putnam.

I should not have dogged Bridgestones or Dunlaps. They just did not work for me. Maybe because I did not adjust my suspension. Sorry stickboy :(

9. CamCool

CamCool Beer is good food

I started off the day in rain soaked practice session, so lap times there are irrelevant i guess (just learning the track)

Ran 1:24's in dry practice, then gradually improved in the solo, and sprints down to 1:20's.

Definitely still room for PLENTY of improvement, though.

As for that....
    I am sure I would get my A** handed to me by a few, but I would beat plenty of people on "good tires", as well. My point was that I can run decent (competetive) laps on crappy tires, not to brag. There are good racers everywhere, just seems to be more of'em down south :rolleyes:

10. Girlfriend of Mid-Atl Rcr

Girlfriend of Mid-Atl Rcr Well-Known Member

so does this mean that there's no competition elsewhere? ;) can't wait to get to atlanta ~

11. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Hey Kid,

I can't afford to go to Road A. You come up to Summit instead. Besides, I'm used to getting beaten by fast guys on SVs. But, if on my Hawk I beat you instead....

Seriously though, I ran Pirelli DOTs briefly last year and found them a good compromise between Dunlop/controlled slide and Michelin/tenacious grip. Thing is though, I like Michelin/tenacious grip.

As for fancy wheels, I have a set of Marchesinis on my Hawk. The bike still seems to turn, and I manage to go fast enough to beat all but the fastest SVs.

So, Kid, you feelin' fast?

thane

12. The Kid

I do plan on going to Summit Point in August for the National race.
    Maybe you can show me some lines? What is your number?

13. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

you can't miss Thane. He's the guy with the funny hat and one of the prettiest Hawks you'll ever see. Red, white and blue in tasteful Old Glory;) livery. I'm sure he would be happy to show you his lines around Summit.:cool:

14. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Thank you, Grady, and uh....Don't hat me cause I'm beautiful. (Couldn't possibly resist)

Be glad to, Kid. My #s 654. Then if you pass me, you can go chase Grady :D

thane

15. R6#486

R6#486 Shockin the Shockers!!

Hey Kid! I will be at Road A with my SV from the north central region. I will mix it up a little. Never been on Road A's track though, so I will be at a little disadvantage. Were you at VIR cycle jam? I may know who you are! Later

16. The Kid

Yeah I am the young punk who you diced with at VIR. I have never been to RA either. Maybe we can team up against Martin and finally beat him. I had the chance at CMP and lost it with 3 turns left. I was in the lead! So close but so far away.

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

its ok. i know the tires are good. the very bike you own won 2 regional championships on them, and if not for a jump start at the gnf it would have gotten a national. instead another bridgestone rider one the championship.

that bike also won allot of races on my tires. just something to think about

18. R6#486

R6#486 Shockin the Shockers!!

Ya, I thought that was you Matt! Sounds like you had a good run at CMP. We will have to team up and draft Martin. That should make things interesting and fun. See you there! Later!

19. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

You guys think that you can pick up a draft from half a mile ?:)
    I never rode RA before too, should be fun.
    Kid you still at 210lbs ? Didn't you forgot to mention I had stop and go ? (that was awesome race to the finish line, if you have the tape can you bring it to RA so I can make a copy?)

20. Kendall

Sho is a lot of trash talkin on here.....