1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Warmers?

Discussion in 'General' started by 00RedZX-6R, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And they paid a contingency last year unlike any other tire warmer maker....

[This message has been edited by Mongo (edited 01-10-2002).]

2. wherewebelong

wherewebelong Well-Known Member

Quick note on Chicken Hawks. If you ever get a chance look inside at how they are made.The heating wire is wound back and forth in a tight pattern. While this offers good carcass coverage it has some problems. First it overheats at the bends and will burn through both the outer skin and will sometimes bake through both the wire insulation causing a short and eventual failure. I have seen this happen several times with my own eyes. I recommend Bickle Warmers they are the ones being sold as Highside brand they are also available through NPS Racing as their brand. Or go directly to the source. www.niagarapower.com - Will O'Connor 716-791-4325
    John Bickle [email protected] 905-432-8988

3. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

He is my main parts sponsor and really gives me a good deal on the parts. You have to be "special" to be sponsored by him. [​IMG] There's no doubt in my mind that I am "special" so it's a good match. Nah, I have just been dealing with him since I started racing this past season. Really good guy and is always good for rider coaching. He gave me some good input on the phone the other day. You guys should give him a call. Thanks Terry!

------------------
    "GasTard" In More Ways Than One-
    PMF Racing
    John W. Walters #21 Expert Rookie Black SV
    http://home.mindspring.com/~jwwalters/index.html

[This message has been edited by UGA Dawg (edited 01-10-2002).]

4. 00RedZX-6R

00RedZX-6R Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I have a generator already, but no way to get it to the track. I am going ot need a cube van or something to get everything there. Damn this sport is expensive.

Here is some info on the Tire Bakers for anyone who is interested. Brian contacted me, and here is the info he gave me so everyone else can see it.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Allow a few applications for TIRE BAKERS to form to tire.
    2. Clean tire surface.
    3. Apply TIRE BAKERS evenly.
    4. Use TIRE BAKERS 45 min. before racing.
    5. Monitor TIRE BAKERS while in use.
    6. Unplug TIRE BAKERS while NOT in use.
    7. Use TIRE BAKERS "unplugged" after racing for cool down.
    8. Allow TIRE BAKERS to cool down before storage.
    9. Roll TIRE BAKERS for storage, do not fold.

TIRE BAKERS - PRODUCT INFO.

1. Duel thermostat controlled, 200F w/5% range.
    2. Vextra insulation.
    3. Silicone coated inner nylon for even heat transfer to tire.
    4. Highest quality heat treated materials.
    5. Easy application., with custom handle loop.
    6. 12 month limited warranty.
    7. Competitive pricing.
    8. Custom sets, team colors available.
    9. All hand made products.
    10. Mildew and water resistant stitching.
    11. Heavy duty water resistant canvas outer shell.
    12. Velcro and elastic to secure Tire Baker to tire.
    13. Tire Bakers use 750 watts PER SET (less than all other brands)

TIRE BAKERS are a simple and effective race compound tire heating solution., not complicated with lots of bells and whistles to make them look cool. "TIRE BAKERS" are the BEST Tire heating application made in the USA by a company that specializes in racing related heating elements. Test and use TIRE BAKERS and you will see the difference.

Baker Race Gear, Inc. also offers services to make custom (proto type) heating elements and oversee development for racing related applications.

5. Hey, if you want the real Pimped-Out Mac-Daddy pit display, he (Baker)makes tire warmers with a CHROME outer skin for about $50 more. They are SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

6. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

Below is a product Performance Report I sent to Tyr Sox. Tyr Sox are one of the products we use that gives us a competitive edge.

Richard,
    Thank you so much for your support this past season. Our Tyr Sox worked
    great the entire year! I've become so confident of my tire's performance
    when using Tyr Sox that I'm able to push hard from the moment I leave the
    starting line. Being able to put down fast laps in the opening stages of a
    race makes all the difference between winning and losing. Tyr Sox gave me
    the winning edge many times this past season. Tyr Sox are also a quality
    product. The set I used this year on the lightweight bike have now been
    through two grueling seasons. From the cold rainy climate of the season
    opener at Gateway in St Louis, through the scorching heat at Road Atlanta in
    July to the mild weather at the Grand National Finals. I never go on the
    track without using them, not even if we're in a hurry to get out for a
    practice, they've been on and off the bike hundreds of times and are still
    in great shape. The plastic storage bin they come with is a nice feature
    and also holds up very well. Thank you for supplying such a quality product
    at a very competitive price.

7. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

Tire warmers make sense even for practice days. Most practice sessions are around 8 laps long. When I was using Michelin tires, they required about 1-1/2 laps to warm up. I couldn't get full on until my 3rd lap. That's 25% of my track day wasted warming up tires. I've used Tyr Sox and Chicken Hawk and prefer Chicken Hawk.

8. CCS990

CCS990 Well-Known Member

I've never seen a Chicken Hawk burn through, as was stated.
    Chicken Hawk are the best tire warmers for racers as far as quality and value, and even more so when you consider that they probably spend more on racer support than any tire warmer mfg. Also, they don't take 45 minutes to warm a tire..... that's too long!
    Dave P., owner of Chicken Hawk, is a good man and good Aprilia rider.
    Even novice riders should use tire warmers. They're a lot cheaper than a crash, and make it possible for any rider to go at their best pace from the first turn. There's no other piece of equipment that will do that!

9. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

im on my third set of chicken hawks, they have all burned through. im on my third set of tyre sox, none have burned through, 1 set just quit altogether and richard fixed it and sent it back for 25$. richard said that inconsistant track power jacks them up more than anything. RRW did a story on weaving and /or tire warmers i think, some time in the last couple of years, maybe the aod guys wrote it??? anybody recall?

10. rob996

rob996 Well-Known Member

11. rob996

rob996 Well-Known Member

Ooops. They kind of look the same as Hi-Side's [​IMG]

12. wherewebelong

wherewebelong Well-Known Member

They are the same Hi Sides are made by Bickle and rebadged Still great quality though Love mine [​IMG]