1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tire warmers usage

Discussion in 'General' started by darkside879, Jul 22, 2009.

1. darkside879

darkside879 Well-Known Member

Just got my first set of tire warmers!! :clap: Im wondering if i still need to set my tire pressure at the cold setting or do i need to set it at hot?? I know that the pressure builds as the heat of the tire raises,so im thinking setting at hot would be better. Not really sure!! Opinions please!!! Oh yeah im running michelin power ones. A front and B rear on a 05 R6!

2. boxx620

boxx620 Well-Known Member

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Talk to your at-track race tire vendor. They will have the info you need.

4. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

From what I understand with the Power Ones, you set the pressure cold.

I'd check with your tire vendor.

5. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

its more consistant if you do hot pressures. :beer:

6. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

with my dunlops i've been told to set hot off the warmers for best results. michelins, i've heard, however, they want you to set cold for some reason.

7. darkside879

darkside879 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info guys!! Helps alot!! :beer:

8. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

cold pressure...then adjust from there based on tire wear...

9. Harvey Mushman

Harvey Mushman The King of Cool

seriously, it depends on the type of air you use. check with your air compressor manufacturer for their specs.

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

what if you do'nt know the brand of compressor cause you buy it already compressed?

11. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

use helium instead of air, it's lighter and you will go faster. Almost as good as one of my lightened rotors

12. Harvey Mushman

then look at the color of the compressor. you can tell the density of the air by the color of the tank. i dont remember which color compressor compresses denser air but you can google it and find out. i know mine is red, and the air that comes out is not really that dense. i found this out when i pumped up the tires on my truck to 40psi, per the gauge that came with the compressor, then immediately after wards, i checked it with another gauge and it was 6lbs. off.

see?

13. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

According to Stickboy, state of origin of the air is also important. He resolved a tire issue for me once at Tally by removing the "Alabama" air I had in the tires and filled it with "South Carolina" air. I went a second a lap faster :wow:

Of course he also charged me $1/ psi of SC air.........mmmmmm, you don't think he took advantage of me do you? He also told me that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary, but I checked on that one and he was wrong....... :D

Scott P.

14. Harvey Mushman

makes sense. alabama air has a higher methane content. south carolina air is a little more humid.

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

What was your air hose color? I had an orange 1/4" line that wasn't very accurate, so I switched to a red 1/4" line. Then my air dealer said that 3/8" was the next big thing! And here I am with two out of spec hoses, but my air guy stocks the brown 3/8" line, not the blue.

16. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO