1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Warmer current draw

Discussion in 'Tech' started by nads755, Oct 22, 2008.

1. nads755

nads755 Well-Known Member

Hey, quick question for you guys.... Looking into buying a generator. specifically a Honda EU unit. What size would be adequate for 2 sets of warmers? Another question... What is an approximate current draw for a set of warmers????
    thanks for the help!!

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The EU2000 will comfortably power 2 sets of warmers. Although if you wanted to be safe, plan for when you might have something else hooked up (3rd set of warmers possibly), the 3000 would be ideal.

We've done 2 sets of warmers, transponders and a fan without any problems.

3. HD1911

HD1911 Johnny Rocket

an EU2000 only puts out 2,000 Peak watts, no? On Chicken Hawk's website, they state that a pair of warmers peaks at 1,100 Watts ...just sayin ;)

Anyone running two sets of Chickens (180/190 rear) with an EU2000 out there??? i am curious if it works fine.

4. nads755

nads755 Well-Known Member

yeah,thats what im afraid of... buying a generator that only supports one set of warmers and will continually trip the breaker if two are on it.. One the other hand, i dont really feel like pumping out the cash for an unneccesarilly large machine to add to the equipment i haul to the track...

5. kan3

kan3 Well-Known Member

Used off Craigs list? =]

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Well the math doesn't work. The chicken hawks are at 1100 watts x 2 which is 2200 watts and the Honda EU2000i is only rated at 1800 watts continous. Better get the EU3000i or bigger for two sets at the same time.

7. HD1911

HD1911 Johnny Rocket

kinda my point lol :Poke:

8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I run 1 set of T2 warmers cranked up and one set of chicken hawks on high and have never had problems tripping breakers on the eu2000i. if you have the cash get the 3000 if not a 2000 will run 2 sets comfortably

9. KLM

KLM Registered User

CH & T2

We run exactly the same setup and no short term issues either. That generator is working pretty hard all day (two gallons of fuel to get through a track day).

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Have you guys measured the current voltage level being pumped out when you do this?

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I would do that to be safe. We've generally run either two sets of Woodcraft warmers, or one set of them and one set of Chickenhawks. Both with no issues, but the 3000 may be the best bet for you.

12. dogger

dogger Active Member

Just bought a Yamaha 2600 for around $800 new. Weighs more than Honda but is quiet, easily runs 2 sets of warmers and fans. Model EF2600. Satisfied so far.

13. alan

alan Well-Known Member

I run two sets of Chicken Hawks on an EU2000 and it is running hard. I wouldn't want to plug anything else in though.

You could always buy two EU2000 and run them parallel and have more power than a EU3000. It is easier to move around and store but you wouldn't have a 25A plug though.