1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tire questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Optimus_P, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Optimus_P

Optimus_P Active Member

with all the differant tire manufactures out there, and all the differant compounds out there how do you make an educated guess at which tires to choose?

soft/med/hard?
    dunlop? Metzeler? michillien?
    slick? dot race?

is there any sites out there that have a good breakdown on the differance in compounds, can someone shed some light on this subject?

currently i am only doing track days on my stock dunlop 208ZR. they are great but i would feel a bit more comfortable if i had something sticker.

2. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

This thread may answer some of your questions:
    http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33912

You can also do a search of the BBS and will probably find several hundred pages dedicated to the subject...

To make it easy - just start with a set of Pirelli Supercorsas. :D

3. Optimus_P

Optimus_P Active Member

thanks for the reply but unfortunetly doing a search in tech for "tire" didnt turn up and discussions on what the differance in soft/med/hard.

i was hopeing for some examples as far as weather/track conditions you should use this kind of tire because of this or that.

but i did find out the corsas heat up real quickly.

i guess its one of those subjects that is a "trial and error"

4. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

Brand choice is definitely a trial and error process.

I run Pirelli exclusively and can tell you I alway use the blue/green (supersoft front/soft rear) compounds. Regardless of track temp, ambient temp, phase of the moon, or day of the week. :)